"That's understandable, not everyone around here can be trusted. But I wonder, why he doesn't seem to trust us at least," she wondered, now frowning thoughtfully.
"I don't know, Amy. The only person he trusts at least a bit is me," Sonic shrugged, removing his hand from Amy's he again supported his chin with it while sighing.
"Which is a good first step in your relationship, Sonic. Trust is a key feature of every relationship, be it between friends, family members or even lovers," Amy confirmed and lifted her mug to take another sip of the tea, so did Sonic. The blue hedgehog felt hope rising in him after hearing such words, seeing it from a little different perspective now.

"Another important trait to possess is patience, Sonic. Patience brings the best results," Amy advised him further. However, patience wasn't Sonic's strongest personality trait.
"I know... but it's just so frustrating, he takes so much time," he sighed while complaining a little, hating to be still in Shadow's 'shadow spot', uncertain, if the hybrid truly wants to be with him or if he's just testing the field.
"Sonic, some people, especially such introverts like Shadow, take things slower than others and to me, he seems to be the kind of person, who rather thinks twice before letting himself take the risk, from all you told me about him, that is," Amy released a soft sigh as well, trying her best to help him. Sonic understood the meaning of Amy's words, but his stubborn mind still stood by those negative theories living there.
"How long will it take for him to admit his feelings?" he asked the question itching his tongue. Amy shrugged in response and sipped her tea.
"This is individual, Sonic. Shadow might take a few weeks or even months before he might feel ready for the real relationship with you. Like I said, be patient," she replied in serious tone, yet her voice was still calm and steady. Despite not having any relationship experiences, she knew pretty a lot about them. It's as if she was born with the knowledge.

"And those kisses? Do they mean anything?" Sonic asked further, wanting to know the most he can get from Amy.
"Hmm, he is trying for sure. He wouldn't kiss you, if he dislikes you," she smiled at him. And she was right. Shadow would never kiss anyone at all, so the only reason he doesn't mind kissing Sonic is because he has feelings for him. Secretly. He just never openly admits them, for he still isn't completely sure about them. It's just as new to him. And Sonic needs to understand that.
"Then... when we already seem to kiss each other, why would he still hesitate?" Sonic let another question out of his mouth before he could stop himself.
"Did you listen to the words I said, Sonic?" Amy gave him a serious look by half lidding her eyes.
"I told you, he is a person to take things slower than others, plus he is just as new to all this, it might be even overwhelming for him. So, don't pressure him or rush anything, else he will withdraw away from you," she warned him in firm tone this time, getting slightly annoyed by Sonic's impatient nature. Sonic gulped in horror, when he imagined having to build it up all over again, from a zero point. He was at least on a point two or three with Shadow by now and falling back down would make things worse for them both. Plus, the imagination of himself having to wait for WEEKS or even MONTHS, before Shadow would finally make his decision about their relationship, was scaring him to no limits as well.

"A-Alright, I think I'll be going now, thanks for the help, Ames," he quickly emptied the mug and setting it on the table he got up before storming out of the shack, heading to his own. Amy just watched him in astonishment before sighing and shaking her head.
"Poor hedgehog," she murmured, whether she meant it towards Sonic or Shadow only she knew as she stood up and taking the two empty mugs she went to wash them before relaxing on her couch with her favourite book in her hands.

☆•~•☆

"Yo, Sonic!" Tails called the hedgehog's name instantly after noticing him run across the village, much to Sonic's displeasure. Still, he stopped running to at least hear his buddy out.
"Yeah?"
"Come with me!" Tails smirked at him playfully and extended his hand towards him in an alluring gesture.
"Why? I am not in the m-HEY!" Sonic rolled his eyes and was about to cross his arms, but Tails gripped his wrist and dragged him towards the beach side, where there was also Knuckles already waiting for them.
"Let's have a sand-statue competition, what do you say?" Tails chuckled and Sonic noticed the twin also being here.
"Wait wait, with HIM around?!" Sonic pointed at the android, who looked up at him and tilted his head in curiousness.
"Don't worry, Sonic, I completely rebuilt his program. In fact, I created a new one, with difficulties erased the one from Eggman and replaced it with my own! He sees all of you, guys, as his friends, so please, be polite towards him," Tails explained everything he did with the android and Sonic straight burned the android with his gaze. And just now also realized, that the android's entire appearance was re-designed by his smart fox friend. The creation's eyes were made of a glassy displays, so the android could easily express his emotions with various symbols appearing in them. Else, the rest of his body was similar to mobians, since Tails didn't wish him to feel too different from others. And as a bonus, Tails also installed third tail to him, in order to make him unique in his own way, plus to avoid misunderstandings, in case someone would see only his back side and think, that it's Tails.

The android could hear, that the topic about himself was brought, so he stood up and brushed his hands clean from the sand particles as he approached Tails - his new re-creator - and his friend Sonic.
"I'll... try," Sonic only hardly attempted to swallow his own pride, hating to see his best friend so fond of the fake.
"You must be Sonic, the fastest hedgehog in Seaside Island. I am Miles," the creation spoke to him and showed [^ ^] in his eyes while forming a soft smile on his muzzle, also offering his hand for a polite handshake as a greeting. Sonic lowered his ears in total embarassment, reluctantly lifting his hand he shared the surprisingly gentle handshake with the android he still deeply despised and then crossed his arms in a silent gesture saying "keep yourself away from me!"
"This is awesome! Tails, I just shared a handshake with the fastest hero in the world!" Miles exclaimed innocently while clapping his hands in joy like a child, who received their first Christmas present. Tails smiled brightly at the creation's behavior, happy, that his programming works perfectly fine so far.

Knuckles, in the meantime, was trying to build a sand castle, but kept failing. Everytime he managed to do some step forward, the building collapsed and he had to start all over again. Due to how focused he was, he didn't register Sonic joining them and only after seeing the pair of the familiar buckled shoes in front of him he looked up at the hero himself.
"Having troubles here?" Sonic grinned at him, deciding to join Knuckles in building the statues, leaving Tails with Miles. The two foxes smiled at each other and Tails gave the creation an apologetic pat on his shoulder.
"He will get used to it, Miles, no worries," he said softly and then sat down to the sand, Miles following suit.
"I don't blame him, it's understandable, that he doesn't trust me at all," Miles replied while building Sonic-shaped statue out of the sand. He got quickly fond of him and saw him as his idol. And didn't care, that Sonic hated him for the time being, he had hope, deep down, that Sonic will change his mind, eventually.

"I don't know, what I am doing wrong!" Knuckles complained as he helplessly intentionally hit the pile of sand with his fist, making it dig deep into it.
"You must be patient, Knux," Sonic sighed and then froze and widened his eyes, which surprised Knuckles and made him worry about the hero.
"What happened? Did you forget something at home? You okay?" the echidna pulled his fist out of the sand and gripping Sonic's shoulders he gently - ahem, as GENTLY as he could! - shook him, earning an annoyed growl from the hero.
"Knux, stop! I am fine! I am fine, promise! Now, let's build this thing up, yes?" Sonic assured him before grabbing a handful of the sand and tried to create some shape out of it, absentmindedly forming a big heart on the ground. The reason behind his sudden shock was simple, he reminded himself of Amy's advice about being patient. Seems, like the female was slightly rubbing off of him, huh? Knuckles calmed down afterwards and thanks to Sonic's heart got an idea, as he formed a little clumsy heart on the front part of his castle.