Chapter 25

Hello :)

I promise that I will write something about an actual plot soon.  For now I want to focus on Sophie building her relationship with her new friends, since friendship is going to be a crucial part in the story.

These are drawing of Black and Briar, the drawing of Black was rushed, hence his weird hair.

Anyone know how to make the pictures smaller? Idk why but I can't do that, and now the pictures are too big.

Just ten more minutes, Sophie thought.

Sophie looked at the clock hanging on the wall, she had exactly 10 minutes and 43 seconds left of her first session, hand-to-hand combat training. It had already been 3 days since Sophie had entered the Neverseen. She still couldn't get used to the amount of exercises she had to do.

Her session included punching and kicking sandbags. Black had told her that she had to increase her strength in order to learn actual self defense. Sophie couldn't even imagine how tiring real self defense would be, she was already worn out by basic punching and kicking.

Her arms felt like they might fall off, they were barely hanging to her body. Her legs felt bruised and her muscles tensed more with every move. Physically, she wasn't able to punch and kick any longer. But she was continuing the lesson with her mentality.

There was a faint voice in the back of her brain, urging her to go on. Sophie knew why the voice wanted her to complete her training, it was self defense. The voice knew Sophie couldn't show her weakness in front of Black.

Black still seemed to terrify Sophie. She had tried her best to not stare at his eyes her whole training, but that wasn't enough to stop all the memories crashing back at her. Sophie glanced at Black's eye for a second, then looked right back at the sandbag she was punching.

She still saw it, the insanity in his eyes, like fire being contained, about to burst into flames and take control. Brant had the same eyes whenever he used his flames. Sometimes it would look as if he was possessed by his own insanity, which made sense because his mind was actually broken. But Black's sanity seemed fine.