Chapter 2

Sophie leaped back home and was not that surprised to see the Sandor and Grady waiting for her at the door with furious expressions. She took a deep breathing preparing for a lecture, but Grady just hugged her. "Thank god you're safe." he said.

Sophie enjoyed the peaceful moment, knowing that it won't last that long, then she shoved herself deeper into Grady's arms. After a few seconds, she whispered, "I'm sorry."

Grady pulled back about to lecture her, but Edaline came running towards Sophie as she hugged her so tight Sophie might have suffocated. Sophie enjoyed her hug while it lasted. Edaline always smelled good with the scent of mallowmelt and panake petals following her everywhere. Just as Sophie was getting too comfortable, Edaline pulled away as she started examining Sophie from head to toe. "Are you okay, sweetheart? No injuries, are you hurt? Are you hungry?"

Despite the situation, Sophie wanted to laugh. "No, I'm fine."

"Well, you better be because you are in a lot of trouble, young women!" Grady scolded her. 

"And why did you rip my tracker off your clothes?" Sandor asked equally annoyed. 

Before Sophie could answer, Grady asked, "Where were you?"

Sophie grimaced. "You probably want to sit down."

"You better explain, kiddo, or I am grounding you for a month!" Grady threatened as Edaline led everyone into the house. Just as she opened the doors to let her in, Sophie's eyes widened in suprise. She saw all the Black Swan members except Mr.Forkle (which Sophie didn't put much thought into it)waiting for her in a furious expression in the Havenfield living room. It took a second for everyone to notice her, but as they did, everyone looked relieved for a second and then started to yell at her. Screaming "wherehaveyoubeen" and "whatwereyouthinkingabout". Sophie tried to explain, but before she could, Keefe ran and hugged her whispering. "You should have seen how crazy everyone was when you disappeared. Gigantor got lectured by Grizel about keeping you on sight every time so badly that he looked like he could start a war. It was extremely funny because he was yelling in his squeaky voice, sounding like a banshee."

Sophie laughed.

"But seriously, Foster, don't ever disappear on me like that. Okay?" He said his eyes full of worry.

"I promise."

Sophie smiled as she gazed into Keefe's beautiful ice blue eyes, but then she remembered that they weren't the only ones in the room as she quickly pulled away trying to hide her red face behind her blonde hair. Then Biana ran towards her to hug her and so did almost everyone else as they all took a turn to lecture her about her sudden disappearance. When everyone calmed down, Sophie finally sat down on the Havenfield couch as she explained why she was gone. "The Neverseen messaged me yesterday telling me to go to Alluvettere today morning or they'll attack Everglen," she paused, letting others process the information as she continued."So I went there today morning, by myself, and they just wanted to talk about Stellarlune and warn me about losing to them every time.. So that's just it, no fighting just.. 'talking'."

"Was my mom there?" Keefe asked, making fists with his hands, turning his knuckles white. 

"Yeah, she took control of the Neverseen again." Sophie glanced at Keefe worriedly as she held his hands.

"Of course she did. That's how I got my  'earning forgiveness with my handsome looks' gene." He said, trying to joke, but his face said otherwise.

"Was Elysian there?" Granite asked. Elysian was the "power source" Lady Gisela searched for years, and they actually ended up meeting each other on the Elysian island. She never actually showed up. She just spoke about being a power source and disappeared into the thin air. That was when everyone started to panic, giving Lady Gisela time to escape, and they just leaped back home. Sophie hadn't put that much thought into it as much as she was supposed to. Thinking about Elysian just made her head hurt. 

"No." she answered.

"What did she tell you?" Keefe asked visibly, uncomfortable.

"Well....she went on and on about the Black Swan being too weak and how I depended too much on my friends and how I will never become a leader." Sophie said nervously. There was no way she was going to tell everyone that Lady Gisela wanted her to join the Neverseen. 

Keefe raised an eyebrow at her, knowing her too well to be fooled and shooting her a look that said "tell me later," making Sophie gulp. 

"Lady Gisela's ridiculous. What's wrong with relying on friends?" Biana grumbled, shooting a worried glance at Sophie as if to check if she was okay. "Shouldn't we go back alluvettere and see if they left any trace? I mean, we haven't really done anything after our last battle at Elysian." 

That was true, Sophie and her friends haven't done much since their last affair with Lady Gisela in Elysian, mostly because they didn't know what to do anymore. The Neverseen haven't attacked in months, and Sophie even started to think that something was going on inside the Neverseen. 

"That's right. we should probably check Alluvettere and see if they had taken anything. I can take Tam, Marella, and Biana with me. Linh, could you contact Maruca? We will need her force field -" Sophie said, only to be interrupted.

"No ones going anywhere," Sandor said.

"I agree," said a voice from the entrance.
Everyone turned their heads to see Mr.Forkle suddenly standing near the entrance of Havenfield.

Before anyone could ask him where he was while Sophie disappeared and everyone was having a mental breakdown, Dez spoke up first.

"So we are just going to do nothing?" Dex asked, looking tired of the adults always taking control.

"I understand your frustration, Mr. Diznee, however, I believe we have more important matters to discuss."

"Oh yeah, like what?"

"I have finally found the leak of the Black Swan."