Chapter 10

Hi :) 

Plus, this chapter is a little boring cause I wrote after my essay and now my brain isn't braining. 

And.. I have nothing else to say...

Sophie waited.

And waited.

And waited a lot more.

She lost patience and was ready to throw her imparter towards the ground.

She have been trying to hail Keefe for about 10 minutes now, but he wasn't answering. Was he mad at her? Was he in trouble? Was he hurt?

Possibilities swarm around Sophie's head, and it gave her a headache-there were too many possibilities. But she knew deep down that only one mattered.

Sophie felt her eyes tear up and she searched for Ella. She carefully hugged it to her chest.

Did he really think she was the leak?

Dread filled Sophie's heart, what if he did? What if he didn't see her as his girlfriends anymore? What if, to Keefe, all Sophie was from now on was a traitor?

And most importantly, how was she going to survive without him?

She took a deep breathe-he wouldn't think of her as a traitor, he was on her side even when she was banished. He was on her side when she read the ogre king's mind, almost starting a war, he was with her when she was wearing her ability restrictor, he ran to join the Black Swan with her, he was always there. 

Surely this little misunderstanding won't break their relationship. They have been through so much more. But then again, her others friends let it break their friendship, even though she trusted them to be loyal.

Stop overthinking Sophie. 

"Oh my god, what time is it?" Sophie exclaimed, turning her attention to the clock hanging on her bedroom wall.

She had totally forgotten that she was supposed to go to Foxfire today, and according to her clock she was late. And she had to go, NOW.

Sophie snatched her backpack and ran for the leapmaster, and screamed, "Foxfire!"

And the light whisked her away. 

Keefe heard his imparter ringing for the third time. 

He ignored it. 

He didn't know who it was, but it was probably Foster, checking on him if he was alright. 

The thought about Foster made Keefe's heart melt, it was a feeling he couldn't describe with words. She was the sun in his cloudy head, the only reason Keefe was still alive. He wanted to be with her for the rest of his life. He couldn't imagine living without her. 

But he still didn't answer the imparter.

He wasn't ready for company, he wanted to be alone. He knew that it wasn't the best idea considering that his dad had left him alone in the house after he-

Keefe didn't let himself finish the thought, he wanted to refuse reality, refuse the truth of what happened a few days ago with his father. 

All Keefe felt now was... nothing. 

He felt numb for some reason.  It was as if he expected this tragedy, as if his emotions had been preparing for this day. And what scared Keefe the most was the question, "what if he really did knew that this day would come?"

To be real, he had already been betrayed, tortured, and abandoned by his own mother, what made him think that his father wasn't the same?

Keefe felt his eyes watering, despite his numbness. He doesn't deserve your tears. He reminded himself as he wiped them away. 

He looked at his window, it was still morning. The sky was the prettiest blue today, as if it was trying to tell Keefe to stop being so dramatic. Something about the sky really motivated him to get up and take a proper shower and a meal. 

He was going to put an end to this drama. 

He rose up from his current position, which was laying down under the cover of his blanket. He swayed as the blood reached to his head and grabbed the wall for support. He headed towards the bathroom, his joints cracking as he did so. 

 Keefe quickly showered, changed his clothes, and styled his hair. (for the first time in three days) Then, he went to the kitchen and grabbed some random snacks, stuffing everything he could find into his mouth. It was his first meal after the incident, and it tasted wonderful. 

He glanced at the clock, and realized that he had missed the first period, but it didn't matter it he was planning to ditch it anyway. 

He headed for the leapmaster and only gave himself a second to hesitate before screaming, "Foxfire!"

Keefe opened his eyes to see the familiar halls of his school, and he was relieved that he was out of his house, out of a place he called "home".

The stained glass walls shone bright as he walked past. He didn't know where he was going to. His legs carried him through the familiar halls on its own, and Keefe let them lead him. After a few minutes, he was standing next to the Healing Center's door. Keefe immediately felt more comfortable. 

The Healing Center was one of his favorite place around campus, it was mostly because of Elwin, the physician. He was the best physician anyone could ask for, he was funny and most importantly, he cared.

Another reason why Keefe loved the healing center might be because of the memories he made there. He made all sorts of memories. From painful ones to happy, funny, and loving. There wasn't really another place like this. 

Keefe was about to enter through the door but he heard voices inside the center. 

"What did I do in honor to have a visit from my favorite patient?" A male voice, probably Elwin asked. 

"I got a cut from catching a tornado in Elementalism." A familiar voice replied. 

Keefe's heart stopped beating because he recognized the voice immediately. And the voice didn't just belong to anyone it belong to-

"Sophie, Sophie, what am I going to do with you."

It took all Keefe's willpower to not storm into the healing center and hug Sophie as hard as possible. 

"Hey, you enjoy my company too!" Foster teased and laughed, a beautiful sound. 

"My life would be so boring if you weren't in it." 

Keefe heard Sophie sigh, "I guess that's true."

Keefe could feel Foster's feelings through the air even with his messed-up empathy. Her emotions were always hard to understand but this time it was clear. She was feeling guilty. 

Sophie Foster was feeling guilt.

Without a second thought, Keefe stormed into the healing center. 

"Miss me, Foster?" He smirked as Sophie and Elwin both gasped.

I know this chapter wasn't so good, I ran out of creativity but I hoped you enjoyed it. 

Just out of curiosity I want to ask you, where do you think Ro is?

Ok, that's it for this chapter!

Bye :)

-Jas