Chapter #38

Chapter #38

March 30th

Sam's POV

Today is the day that I am recording with Reba and I can't lie and say I'm not nervous. I wake up to Scarlett completely on top of me which means it's going to be impossible to get up without waking her so I might as well take her with me. I get out of bed as carefully as I can and Scarlett wraps her legs around my waist in her sleep. How has she not woken up yet? I have already made it to the living room. "Mmm Sam, five more minutes." She says burying her face in my chest. "Penguin, we are in the living room. I am carrying you." I tell her. "But I'm laying on top of you." She says confused and still mostly asleep. "Correction, you are clinging to me like a koala, can't you feel my hands on your thighs?" I ask. "Yeah but you do that in bed too." She says convinced we are still in bed. "Ok Penguin just go back to sleep I'll be here when you wake." I tell her. I walk down to the studio and when I open the door I put my finger to my lips to let Sarah and Reba know to stay quiet. "Do you always carry her around?" Reba whispers. "Not all the time but when I woke up she was completely on top of me and I didn't want to wake her. She woke up a tiny bit when I got to the living room and was convinced that we were still in bed." I say and Sarah chuckles quietly. I go and sit at my desk in the soundbooth I am going to have to wake Scarlett soon. "Oh yeah you should definitely post that." I hear Reba say. "What did you do?" I ask. "Just took a picture of my parents being cute." She says. "Your Mom does love those." I say with a smile.

"Ma didn't want to wake Mom so she carried her down to the studio"

[RebaMcEntire: So cute]

[MelanieSloan: Awww look at my sweet baby]

[LauraMily: They are perfect together I know I've said it before but it's true]

[SamMily: I love that picture it's going to be my new home screen]

[SarahJohansson: Oop Mom is waking up I'll make the coffee]

"Sam I'm cold, can you pull the blanket up?" Scarlett asks and Reba grabs the blanket off the couch in the sound booth and hands it to me and I mouth thank you and she just waves me off and I wrap it around Scarlett. "Sam, I think I'm having another migraine. I feel like I'm upright." Scarlett says. "Baby open your eyes." I say and she does and looks around confused. "How? I thought we were in bed." She says. "I didn't want to wake you because you seemed so peaceful so I just carried you with me. Sarah took a really cute picture." I say showing her my phone. "That is cute. I love pictures like this." She says. "I know. Sarah went to make coffee." Reba says. "Oh good morning Reba and that's good you don't want to know what I'm like without coffee." Scarlett giggles before snuggling back into me. "After Sarah brings your coffee I have to get started on recording." I say. "Did me being here asleep delay it?" She asks. "Not by much. Honestly I think it's cute." Reba says and Sarah soon comes in with coffee for Scarlett. "Well I guess I'll go over there and let you do your magic with the guitar." Scarlett says. After a few minutes we have everything set up and Scarlett mouths 'you've got this' to me and I nod. "Ok whenever you are ready." Reba tells me. "Ok three two one go." I say and begin to play as Reba sings.