Chapter #13

Chapter #13
Feb 23rd 2023
Sam’s POV
I am in one of the guest room of my Ma’s house on a video call with Jr about a song he is going to record but he wanted me to hear it. “So what did you say it was called?” I ask again. “It’s called Bruises.” He says setting his phone on the music stand in front of the mic just as Scarlett enters the room. “Hey your Mom.. Who are you talking to?” Scarlett asks when she sees the phone. “Jr.” I say. “Hi Mom!” He calls through the phone and Scarlett takes a seat next to me. “Hey sweetie how are you doing?” Scarlett asks. “Good I was just about to record you can listen too. But you might want to lock the door so nobody comes in your room while I’m recording.” He says and Scarlett nods and gets up and quickly locks the door before returning to her spot next to me. “Ok whenever you are ready.” I tell him. “Ok Mom you weren’t there when I told Ma but this song is called Bruises.” He says as he grabs his guitar then begins to play.
“Counting days, counting days”
“Since my love up and got lost on me”
“And every breath that I've been takin'”
“Since you left feels like a waste on me”
“I've been holding on to hope”
“That you'll come back when you can find some peace”
“'Cause every word that I've heard spoken”
“Since you left feels like an hollow street”
“I've been told, I've been told to get you off my mind”
“But I hope I never lose the bruises that you left behind”
“Oh my lord, oh my lord, I need you by my side”
“There must be something in the water”
“'Cause everyday it's getting colder”
“And if only I could hold you”
“You'd keep my head from going under”
“Maybe I, maybe I'm just being blinded”
“By the brighter side”
“Of what we had because it's over”
“Well there must be something in the tide”
“I've been told, I've been told to get you off my mind”
“But I hope I never lose the bruises that you left behind”
“Oh my lord, oh my lord, I need you by my side”
“There must be something in the water”
“'Cause everyday it's getting colder”
“And if only I could hold you”
“You'd keep my head from going under”
“It's your love I'm lost in”
“Your love I'm lost in”
“And I'm tired of being so exhausted”
“Your love I'm lost in”
“Even though I'm nothing to you now”
“There must be something in the water”
“'Cause everyday it's getting colder”
“And if only I could hold you”
“You'd keep my head from going under”
“There must be something in the water”
“'Cause everyday it's getting colder”
“And if only I could hold you”
“You'd keep my head from going under”

“That was beautiful.” Scarlett sniffles after he stops the recording. “Thanks Mom. I think you came in to get Ma for something.” He says. “Oh right your Mom said that lunch is ready.” Scarlett says. “Is it another casserole?” I ask. “Yes. A lot of people brought food yesterday.” Scarlett says. “Yeah it was a beautiful service. And the wake was nice too. My grandmother made an impact in a lot of people’s lives.” I say now with tears in my eyes. “Send the recording to Sarah. I think she’ll want to hear it and I’m sure she’ll have a meme to post in response.” I say with a small chuckle as I wipe away my tears.

Scarlett’s POV
After listening to Jr’s song I had a huge range of emotions flood my body. Anger that someone hurt my kid. Sadness because he’s hurting. Hatred for the bitch that hurt him. Sam and I took the smaller sofa so Sarah and Nicky could sit together and there is still room for Jack to sit and Laura and Mike are sitting on the love seat as we watch a movie. I'm not really paying attention so I don’t know what the movie is. “Baby you ok?” Sam whispers in my ear. “Yeah. No. I don’t know I’m an emotional rollercoaster inside.” I say. “Come with me.” She says and stands up picking me up as she does. “Where are you taking me?” I ask. “To our room.” She says  as she walks up the stairs. “Did you see Sarah’s post she made after hearing Jr’s song? It might make you feel better.” Sam says as she lays on the bed with me on top of her. “I left my phone up here on the charger I haven’t been able to check.” I tell her as I reach for my phone. Ok that does make me feel a little better.

“We all know who this is for”[ElizabethOlsen: Yes we do][RobbieArnett: I love the Kermit memes][SamMily: Ha this one is a classic][BenjiMily: Don’t piss off my niece][ScarlettJohansson: I approve of this meme but don’t actually hit people][SarahJo...

[ElizabethOlsen: Yes we do]
[RobbieArnett: I love the Kermit memes]
[SamMily: Ha this one is a classic]
[BenjiMily: Don’t piss off my niece]
[ScarlettJohansson: I approve of this meme but don’t actually hit people]
[SarahJohansson: Yes Mom]

“You were right, that did make me feel a little better. It’s just with all these pregnancy hormones it’s hard to keep my emotions in check.” I say and Sam nods letting me know she is listening. “I just feel so many different emotions all at once it’s so ugh!” I rant. “What can I do to help?” She asks. “Just what you are doing now. Hold me.” I say as I rest my head on her chest. “You have nice boobs.” I say and her chest vibrates as she chuckles at my comment. “I grew them myself. I’m pretty sure I’ve said that before but eh.” She says. “Sam?” I say. “Yeah?” She replies. “Can we watch I Love Lucy?” I ask. “Yes I love that show.” Sam says grabbing the remote and pulling up Paramount +.(A/N I am watching I Love Lucy right now anygays back to the story.) “I’m glad we brought our fire stick with us.” Sam says. “How else are we going to watch our shows?” I ask looking up at her. “Fair point.” She nods and presses resume on the episode we left off on. 

A/N
Ah classic Kermit meme. Bruises is by Lewis Capaldi. Anygays see you in the next one.