chapter 26

BismillahirRahmaneerRaheem.

Sitting in front of the vanity, Nadra looked at herself in utmost shock. If someone was to tell her that one day she would put this much make up on her, then she would laugh in his face and ask what Asylum the person escaped from.

Yesterday after getting off the call with Mamana, she left for the house, accompanied by Taheera. Arriving there, she was at a loss on what clothe to pick out. One thing she was sure of though was that she wanted it to be a dress, specifically blue in color. His words from their call had made time freeze, and all she wanted to do was give life to them.

Laying her hands on the dress he gave to her on her birthday, she knew already that it was perfect. She accompanied it with a silver veil to match the beads on it. And at this moment, she was absolutely convinced that she made the right decision by going with her instincts.

"And voila! Can any make up artist ever??!" Taheera said, waving a brush in front of the mirror.

"It's not like you even did such a good job." Nadra said, she couldn't help the smile that graced her features.

"Humans, never ever grateful, have you ever been this simply transformed??!" Taheera said with a roll of her eyes, waving her hands across Nadra's form.

"Well you can say whatever you want but I believe I would have done a better job if you let me." Who was she kidding!  Nadra knew she was lying, Taheera effortlessly transformed her into looking like something she didn't think she could look like in a while, that something being pretty. And at the same time she kept the make up so light and casual that it amazed Nadra to her very core.

"Nye Nye Nye." Taheera said with a roll of her eyes again. Doesn't she get tired of doing that? With the amount of eye rolling she does each day, her eyes are bound to fall out from their homes.

Taheera pulled her phone from the front pocket of her faded "wear at home" boyfriend jeans.

"Well it seems lover boy is hereeeee!!" She said in singsong.

Nadra was panicking, how would she look at him? how would she talk to him? Won't he think she went overboard? After all it's just ice cream they were supposed to go out for.

"Taheera I'm panicking, I'm having second thoughts, I can't do this, he should go with just Affan, he was the one who asked him in the first place." Nadra said, she could already feel a headache coming up.  It was for this same reason she ditched school, Because she could not look at him as her course mate and then few minutes later go out with him, no, that was just impossible.

"Nadra calm down, have this." Taheera brought the chilled water out from the mini fridge and pushed it in her direction.

"No, I'm fine."

"Don't be stubborn N, take it. You're shaking!"

"Yeah fine."

After taking two gulps of the water, she felt a bit at ease and evened out her breathing. She could hear voices from downstairs although she couldn't decipher which voice belonged to whom.

Taheera took a glance at her phone. "Well let's fix your lips and make the prince charming wait!" She said as if there was any excitement in it.

After about 20 minutes of lazily fixing Nadra up, they finally walked out of the room. They were walking down the stairs in a slow fashion, Taheera's hands in her sweaty ones. Why do I feel like a bride walking down the aisle?? This is ridiculous.

The eyes that were on her would have been enough to make her trip, save for one pair staring at her with motherly affection.

"Come here." Ummi said. "Audhubikalimatillahit Tama, min sharri ma kalaq, wa min sharri shaidani lamma. May Allah protect you from evil eye and tongue Nadra am, you look so pretty Masha Allah.