chapter 21

BismillahirRahmaneerRaheem.

Abuja, Nigeria.
Arriving at comfort world cakes a bit after Baze university, Nadra's eyes scanned the cafe that was filled to the brim with people. She couldn't seem to find the one whom she was looking for, instead, her eyes just seemed to be falling on unholy acts. The likes of a girl with Hijab donned on her sitting comfortably on a guy's lap and smiling from ear to ear. Girl even if you're married get a room! Why the public display of affection?? Not just holding hands that's normal for a couple to display outside with people present, but even going to the extent of sitting on his lap, in a cafe that was filled to the brim with people. Well what to expect? this is Abuja after all.

Taheera nudged her. "Look, he's there!" She whispered

Nadra held her hand firmly and made her way to the table. It's a wonder he didn't run off again despite the call Taheera gave him.

They grabbed chairs and sat next to him.

"What do you want?" He asked, clearly not up for a conversation.

"What we want is for you to tell us why you ran off like that, we were just trying to be friendly, right Taheera?" Nadra said, exchanging looks with Taheera.

"Yes." Taheera said in a barely audible voice.

Abdulkareem sighed. "something's are better left unsaid Nadra, especially this. If I tell you, I'm very sure you won't look at me in the same way again, let's just let it be."

"Kareem, a problem half shared is half solved, don't keep this to yourself, just tell us, you might actually feel better." Taheera said. Nadra looked at her, wondering where this sudden confidence appeared from.

In that moment, her phone dinged. "Excuse me." She said, she held Taheera's shoulder in a firm caring grip, as if to reassure her that everything would be okay, before walking out. She hopes with everything she holds sacred that Taheera would be able to handle the situation without being a chicken.

The call had cut itself before she was able to get herself away from the lousy environment, she couldn't possibly pick a call there.

She was about to go back in when a call came through again.

She picked it up without glancing at the number.

"Hello?"

"Sheesh, it's just me N, why the overdramatic high pitched 'helloo'" he said.

"Aasim?"

"Yes Aasim!" He said with a chuckle. "Don't tell me my number isn't saved on your phone??"

"And what if it isn't?"

"N, it seems you didn't miss me, I've been at school for two days, ko kinemeni, you're not nice, at all." She could picture the frown on his face.

"Please I'm busy right now, I have very pressing matters at hand, so I have to go, we can talk when I'm back at school, okay?" She said.

"Wait N, where are you??" He asked.

"Comfort world cakes."

"Alright, I'm on my way."

"No, please don't come, I'm with uhm, a friend, and the person might not liked to be disturbed, so we'll talk when I get back." She hung up without waiting for a reply.

Aasim being one that doesn't take orders from people got into his car and made it to comfort world cakes, for he is determined to see who this friend is, who Nadra turned him down for.

My update schedule is usually Friday! But seeing as today is international writer's day, I decided to drop this, happy international writer's day!🖤🖤
So, there's drama in store guys! Get ready.