chapter 19

BismillahirRahmaneerRaheem.

Abuja, Nigeria.
She can't believe she's late, again! Goodness she really needs to stop staying up with Adda Ameema. Besides, she's usually jobless in the mornings, while I on the other hand always has back to back lectures to attend. I can't even compare myself to her.

She quickly got to the car and drove off. Despite being late, she still didn't drive fast, as usual.

Arriving at her destination. She got out of the car and took graceful strides to the lecture hall. She thanked her lucky stars when she noticed that the lecturer wasn't there.

She entered the class, and spotted Taheera, she went over to her.

"Taheera, the lecturer's not here."

"Well yes, this particular lecture was cancelled, but the incompetent excuse of a class rep didn't even notify us, and here we are now, doing absolutely nothing. Just wasting our precious time."

"Language Taheera, and you never know, he might have had a lot on his plate, you can't just judge everyone, there's always two sides to a story."

"Do you know what I would have used this time for N?! Hote Hote pyar Hogaya is waiting for me! Do you have any idea how I'm under suspense right now, literally!"

"You and your freakishly weird stuff, what's this now? I can't even pronounce that atrocity."

"N! How dare you call a movie acted by Kajol an atrocity! Ahhhhhhhh!!!! I can kill you for that, though It was a bit weird because how can Jackie Shroff even be her husband in the film, or maybe it's because I'm used to seeing her with the likes of Shah rukh Khan."

"Okay enough enough, I can't even deal with this anymore, you can give me a headache just talking about it."

"Sure you overdramatic N."

"Not the pot calling the kettle a metal."

"That's not how the saying goes! It's see the pot calling the kettle black!"

"But that makes zero sense."

"No it doesn't, think deeper!"

"Okay I'll do that."

"Oh wow! That was very shocking, you finally didn't argue on something."

"When donkeys grow horns."

"Huh?"

"I'll think about it, when donkeys grow horns."

"I knew that was too good to be true, you're so insufferable." Taheera said lightly hitting Nadra on her arm.

"Yes yes! I am insufferable."

"How's Adda Ameema?"

"Sleeping, like a log." After saying that, she noticed Taheera's attention was elsewhere. She snapped her fingers in front of her face.

"Earth to Taheera. You know you have issues? You always get distracted so so easily, take for example now, what were you even staring at?"

"I just noticed that Abdulkareem looks so disturbed, I know I don't like him but you know how guilty I feel anytime I ignore a person in need. Or a sad person." She followed Taheera's gaze, true to her words, Abdulkareem sat at the corner of the class like a child whose lollipop was stolen from him. Like an abandoned puppy.

"Just pretend you didn't see him." Nadra said dismissing her.

"Even if I pretend not to see him my conscience won't let me feel like myself. Let's do this one thing for him, please, let's inquire about his well being." Taheera said looking very worried. Too worried for someone who was so against establishing friendship with him few hours before.

Nadra stared at her in amusement. "Look at the person that was warning me against talking to him yesterday. How your opinions change overnight is beyond me."

"Nadra pleaseeeee."

"Aren't you scared?" Nadra said, clearly teasing her.

"When Taheera has Nadra, she has nothing to fear." Taheera said looking confident.

"Let's go then." Nadra said.

They went to Abdulkareem and each took a chair from beside him. He looked lost in thought to the point that he didn't even notice their arrival.

Taheera snapped her fingers in front of his face, imitating Nadra's actions from earlier.

"What's wrong?"

He looked at the duo for a moment, he stood up and walked out of the class, like the gentleman he is not. That left Nadra and Taheera very astonished. Especially Nadra. Isn't this the guy that was trying to get her attention some hours ago by all means necessary? Wow, the only word she can fit into the situation she got herself in now is drama.

So Nadra knows they're in for a lot. Don't talk to an emotional person o.
Someone like me, if I'm sad and you talk to me or demand for an explanation or even try to console me, I'll burst into tears, so I rather you leave me be. Wby? How do y'all react when sad. Fee Amanillah!