chapter 11

BismillahirRahmaneerRaheem.

Abuja, Nigeria.
It's another Wednesday, goodness, Wednesdays are the most irritable days to exist.

The back to back lectures she has are enough to put her mind in overdrive.

She stood up from the bed, looked up to a sleeping Ameema, and made her way into the bathroom for her morning business.

After creaming her body, she took out jeans, turtle neck and a black Abaya.

After getting dressed, she made her way out and made her way to Baze university.

She sent a message to Tahira asking about her whereabouts. It double ticked, which indicated that it had been delivered. She was making her way to the lecture hall when a ping came from her phone, an indication that a message just got delivered into her phone. She quickly checked, thinking it was Taheera, but she saw an unknown number, she decided she would check the message once she gets to class.

She entered the hall and sat down. Taheera joined her not long after.

"You've not messaged Aasim, have you?"

"Oh my goodness, it skipped my mind, I'll do it right now."

"This is his second week Nadra! I told you he was on suspension, all because of you, and then you move on with your life don't even check up on him, that's so mean of you wallah!" Taheera said frowning.

"I'm sorry! It's not my fault I had a lot of things going on, you..."

"You're not the only one who has things going on Nadra, you're not! You don't have to always use your past as an excuse for every mistake you make! Everybody, every single person is stressed about something, be it school, money, their parents, marriage, kids, food or even shelter but you don't see them acting the way you do, you have to get yourself together for the love of Allah!" Nadra was quite shocked at her outburst, this had never happened, never ever.

"Excuse me." Nadra said and walked out, allowing her legs to lead her wherever she was going.

She found herself at the Garden and sat down. Taheera shouted at me that way just because I didn't message Aasim! Goodness, she probably has a thing for him or something. Why even involve me. I should message Aasim? A message is what he would get.

She tapped her phone furiously and then sent a message. Regretting it immediately after. She deleted it and instead typed a very nice hi to replace the rude hey stupid she had sent.

Her message got replied immediately.

"Hey feisty pants, you should have let the message as it was, I am stupid for you after all"

God this guy was delulu.

"Hey Aasim Ismail. I told you not to fight, you fought and now you're suspended."

"What's with the punctuation marks
Did you miss me so much that you had to steal my number from Taheera's phone
I know fully well she won't give it up willingly"

"Don't flatter yourself, I just felt guilty. You might as well prove that your school fees isn't going to waste, type with punctuation marks, show that you're not illiterate as I expected."

"Awwn thanks for the compliment
N you have to deal with my lack of punctuations though
it's something I cannot change"

"Suit yourself. How's suspension treating you?"

"Awwn N you careee
Well I'm not even around
I decided to use this opportunity to you know get me a wife"

"Good for you then."

"Is N jjjjjjjj"

"Once again, don't flatter yourself, goodbye N has better things to do than sit and talk to you all day."

Another ping came in, signifying the arrival of another message, but Nadra ignored it, knowing fully well she won't ever make it to the first lecture if she keeps talking to Aasim.

Hey guys! Juma'at Mubarak, don't forget to recite suratul kahf! Chapter dedicated to my sister and also one of my favorite author, meemxy lysm.