chapter 16

BismillahirRahmaneerRaheem.

Abuja, Nigeria.
Exiting from the bathroom, she spreads the prayer mat and wears her Hijab. Sleep seemed to have abandoned her at a moment where she needed it the most. After watching tiktok for so long, thinking it'll help her fall asleep, she resulted to the last course of action.  Tahajjud.

After praying 4 raka'as, she decided to leave it at that. She folded the hijab and kept it on the prayer mat knowing fully well she'll have to come back to it soon to pray subhi.

She went back to the bed where Adda Ameema was sleeping like a log, she must have had a long day judging by the emotional breakdown few hours ago.

She picked up her phone. 12 midnight, wow.  She went to whatsapp, the app she tries her best to avoid these days.

She had 100 unread chats, she couldn't even bring herself to start checking them, it's not like she's snubbing them or something, it's just that she doesn't have the strength in her to start replying all those messages, the amount alone is discouraging.

After staring at the wall and giving herself the much needed motivation, she started going through the messages.

Immediately she started scrolling down, an unknown number sent her a message. She decided to just check and get it over with.

"Hey
Did you get disappointed with the gift
I sent a message since evening and it got delivered but you didn't reply me
If you weren't satisfied with it then I'm sorry
We can get another one"

She had a giant hunch on who it was, but how was she to start asking him if it is actually him. She doesn't say his name or type it, she also has no idea why, it just seems too personal and unofficial to call his name straight up.

After having an internal debate, she started typing a reply. But another message came in right at that moment.

Oh, life saver! Thank goodness he sent this.

"It's Aasim btw"

"Oh, hey. Assalamualaikum to you too. I'm sorry, I got caught up in activities, the gifts were great, thank you so much." Even though I absolutely hate chocolate. She wanted to add but resisted because who on Earth insults something gifted to them???

"Why so formal N"

"No reason. Thank you so much."

"So much punctuations
Anyway stop thanking me so much, you're my friend that's what friends do
Right"

Friends? When did we even get there?!

"Uhm, yes."

"What are you doing awake so late N
You should go to bed
You have school tomorrow"

"I'm not a baby, and lectures start by 12."

"Sure about that......
Yes well I'm not a student anymore so I have no idea when lectures start or end" she decided to ignore the fact that he hinted on her being a baby.

"When are you coming back?"

"Already missing me
That's cute, well I'm coming back on Thursday

"Thursday is today! And in your dreams Mr."

"Are you serious
I was enjoying my days of being lazy, not taking my bathe till 6 in the evening
School is stupid
The only nice thing at school is your pretty face" a smile broke out on her face at that, little but still existent.  She decided to act like that message was never sent.

"Are you coming?"

"To your room
No!!! Stay Halaal N!"

"No dummy,  to school. and oh look you finally used an exclamation mark, I thought you didn't know what that meant."

"I'll excuse you
Benefit of my love for you"

"You're a crazy man you know that?"

"Anything for you Miss Hakimi!" The conversation seems to be ending, and she doesn't want that, what would she even bring up to keep it going. 

"So you have two sims, and then you wake up one morning and decide, no, I want to use two of them on WhatsApp, just why???"

"Up until this evening I was in possession of just a sim
Then the love of my life was ignoring me
I was restless
Had to talk to her
So I got a new sim and opened another WhatsApp account so I could message her and thank goodness she replied"

"Who's this unlucky girl, to get someone like you stalking her is such a curse." 

"Miss N Hakimi"

"Yessir?"

"She's the one that's cursed enough to get my stalking" her heart summersaulted at that, how he finds it so easy to say things like this is beyond her, he has no idea what his words do to her.

Goodness! This guy is really crazyyyyyy!

Guysssss!!!!! juma'at Mubarak!