𝟒𝟔- 𝐁𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐈𝐧𝐯𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

Start from the beginning

I don't know who the girl in my dreams is and why she always cries, sitting beside me and then goes away, leaving me all alone. I don't even know why I feel bad while seeing those tears streaming down her eyes. But I do know that something inside me gets hurt. Something inside me is pricked. There is an ache in my heart and it hurts so fucking bad.

I try to push these thoughts behind my head and walk out of my car to my company building. I see Gio discussing something with one of the employees from the tech department. His eyes find mine and he ends the discussion soon, before making his way towards me.

"How are you feeling today?" The same question he asks me everyday.

"Exactly how I feel everyday." I casually shrugged and kept walking towards the elevator.

"That's good to know. So, did you get another of those visions in your sleep last night?" He asked, trying to get the information out of me.

"I really regret disclosing those visions to you that day. And to answer your question, yes, I did get the vision again." I replied to him and entered the elevator, followed by him.

He was about to open his mouth to ask another question but I cut him off immediately, "I am not telling you anything more than that. What's the status of the shipment?"

"Ah-umm— it is packed in the lobbies and it will leave the deck tomorrow." He replied to which I simply nodded.

We kept quiet for sometime when his phone rang, just before the elevator door opened. He fished his phone out of his pocket as we made our way outside and saw the caller. He immediately picked up the phone. I know who the person is.

"Hello, baby." He spoke on the phone.

Gio has got an Indian girlfriend about whom I had no idea a few months back. He introduced her to me when she came to visit Manhattan for one of her projects, two months ago. The moment her eyes fell on me, her face angered and I could see her exasperation clearly visible on her face. I don't know what it was about me but she wasn't entertaining me one bit. She kept her replies chipped and kept throwing a few sarcastic gibes here and there.

I ignored her because she was my best friend's girl and I am glad we never had to meet after that day. Because that one encounter with her made me feel as if I was the reason behind the misery of hers or someone close to her.

Gio went towards his office room while talking to her while I went to mine. My office was arranged and the files were kept properly at the desks, exactly how I liked it. I hung my suit jacket behind the head of my chair and sat down before taking a look at the files which I have to evaluate today. I started my work without wasting another minute.

While going through some files, my gaze fell on one which was related to another deal with Ekaksh's company. That reminded me that he has been away from Manhattan for more than five months and he is also married but the disturbing part is, I don't recall when he got married. I understand he might have not invited me and kept it a private function but how is it possible that I was not made aware of his wedding. He is one of my closest friends after all.

Nothing makes sense nowadays.

I fished out my phone from my pocket and called him. He picked up after a few rings and greeted me. I initiated an informal conversation and we talked about family and stuff before finally talking about the important matters.

"So, will it leave the deck tomorrow?"

"Yes. It's already packed in the lobbies."

"That's great then. This deal is going to bring so much profit."