Epilogue

Three months later...

                                                                                    Aurora

In the lavish chambers of the royal palace, I sat before the grand mirror, my hands fidgeting with the delicate fabric of my gown. My heart raced with nervous anticipation, and my stomach churned with a mix of excitement and anxiety. My ladies-in-waiting moved around me, their voices hushed as they made final adjustments to my attire.

"How do I look?" I asked, my voice trembling slightly as I glanced at Lady Elisabeth's reflection.

"You look absolutely stunning, Your Highness," she replied with a reassuring smile. "But we must hurry. The ceremony is about to begin."

I nodded, trying to steady my nerves, but I couldn't shake the feeling of unease that gripped me. What if I wasn't ready for this? What if I couldn't live up to everyone's expectations?

The door creaked open to reveal Luca, my older brother, and Regent entered the room. His presence brought a sense of calm but also a pang of guilt. I was keeping everyone waiting, and I knew I shouldn't be delaying the ceremony.

"Is everything alright, Aurora?" Luca's voice was filled with concern as he approached me. I took a deep breath, trying to compose myself before responding.

"I'm just... nervous, Luca. What if I'm not ready for this?" Luca's expression softened, and he took my hand in his, offering me a reassuring smile.

"You've been preparing for this moment since you arrived, Aurora. I taught you everything I know, and I know you're more than ready."

"But what if I make a mistake? What if I disappoint everyone?" I couldn't help but voice my fears.

"Then I'll be here to catch you when you fall." I turned and smiled gratefully at him. "I'll always be here, holding your hand."

"Thank you, Luca," I whispered, feeling a surge of determination. "I needed to hear that." Luca smiled, giving my hand a reassuring squeeze.

"Now, let's not keep everyone waiting any longer. The kingdom is eager to see their new queen."

As we made our way to the castle cathedral, I knew that whatever challenges lay ahead, I would face them with the strength and grace befitting a queen. And with Luca by my side, I felt confident that I could handle anything that came my way.

***

As I stepped into the grand hall of the castle cathedral, the weight of the moment settled upon my shoulders like a heavy cloak. The air was filled with anticipation, and the echoes of hushed whispers reverberated off the ornate walls.

I caught Kelvin's eyes in the crowd. His gaze was intense, filled with a mixture of pride and admiration. Despite the solemnity of the occasion, a small smile tugged at the corners of his lips. He was silently reassuring me.

I took a deep breath, trying to steady my nerves as I made my way toward the dais where the coronation ceremony would take place.

The cathedral was adorned with rich tapestries and flickering candlelight, casting a warm glow over the assembled guests. Nobles, dignitaries, and members of the court filled the pews, their eyes fixed on me as I approached the altar.

At the center of the dais stood the magnificent coronation throne, draped in velvet and gold. Beside it, a gleaming crown rested on a velvet cushion, waiting to be placed upon my head.