30 - Getting a Life

**A FEW MONTHS LATER**

I was sitting in the nursery rocking chair looking at the night sky rocking our son Tyler James Rogers back to sleep. He was named after my brother and of course Bucky, I wouldn't have it any other way. I was softly humming when the door quietly opened. I looked and saw Steve standing there, fresh out of the shower and in a pair of sweatpants and t-shirt.

"Welcome home." I said as he came into the room, leaning down and gave me a small kiss, then kissed the top of Tyler's head.

"I was hoping I would have been done in the shower in enough time for nighttime feeding and cuddles." Steve said.

"Stop being Cap and running off to save the world and you could be here all the time." I joked.

"I'm giving it up." Steve said and my head snapped up to look at him, he crouched down beside the chair and placed a hand on my cheek. "I'm giving the shield to Sam, it's time. I'm married with 2 kids now. I need to worry about my family and the kids and you. You all are my main priority." Steve said and I smiled at him.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" I asked.

"I'm more than sure. This is our life now Romy." Steve said and I sighed as he leaned in giving me another kiss.

"Well, I can't say I'm going to hate it..." I said and Steve smiled. He took Tyler from me and carried him back into our room.

"He isn't sleeping in the crib yet, why take him to the nursery?" Steve asked.

"Did you even look in our bed?" I smirked at Steve as he shook his head.

We got to the bedroom, and he saw Sarah sleeping in the middle of the bed and he chuckled. Steve took the bassinet from my side of the bed and placed it on his side.

"You get some sleep, I will take care of him the rest of the night." Steve said and I sighed.

"Thank you, Steve." I said and he nodded. We both got into bed and Sarah instantly cuddled closer to Steve, sensing he was home.

"Looks like I wasn't the only one who missed you." I whispered and Steve smiled placing an arm over Sarah and me.

"I'm just happy to be home with all of you." Steve said and I smiled and quickly drifted off to sleep.

◼ ◼ ◼

**STEVE POV**

I called Sam to come join Bucky and I at the cabin a week later and we were further out in the woods throwing the shield, bouncing it off trees and it coming back to us.

"So, I have been thinking..." I started off and both guys looked at me.

"What's going on?" Sam asked and I looked at Bucky, he gave a small nod and smirked at me.

"I have a lot to live for in my life right now. I have Romy, Sarah and now TJ, I don't want to keep leaving and putting my life on the line when I know they need me home." I explained.

"Make sense." Bucky said.

"Exactly so I have been thinking that it's time to pass the torch or shield so to speak." I said.

"Oh...really...?" Sam asked nervously. I knew we had a great team with the way it was. "The only thing bumming me out is now I have to live in a world without Captain America." Sam said and I sighed.

"Yeah well..." I said throwing the shield, it came back, and Sam caught it. "How about you take it?" I continued.

"What?! Really?" Sam asked and I nodded.