3 - Explanation

I was sitting next to Wanda on the back of the jet. Steve came walking up to us and sat on the other side of me. Wanda looked between us and got up.

"I'm going to go talk to Sam for a minute." Wanda said and walked away.

"Well, that couldn't have been more obvious." I said with a small laugh and Steve smiled at me and then sighed.

"Can we talk?" Steve asked and I nodded as we looked around making sure we were truly alone. Steve sighed. I knew what he was thinking, I thought it would be smart to mention it before he could, make it less awkward.

"If this is about the kiss...?" I questioned.

"What?! No! Not about the kiss." Steve said and we both got super nervous about it and I sighed.

"Okay, well what's going on?" I said and Steve sighed.

"I thought I would wait until we were more settled somewhere but since we don't know when that will be, I figured now is the best time. What were you on the Raft for?" Steve asked and I sighed.

"Steve..." I said annoyed.

"No, I want to know Romy." Steve said.

"It's complicated Steve. Not something I really want to explain on a jet when we don't even know where we are going." I said and Steve sighed.

"Romy please, I just want to know. Not that I think your dangerous, not that I think you will hurt me or anyone else. I just want to know." Steve said.

"And if you hear something you don't like?" I asked.

"My opinion about you will never change. I know you're not a bad person Romy." Steve said and I groaned.

"Well first of all you should know, I didn't do what I was accused of." I said and Steve half nodded.

"I know that, I believe you." Steve said and I smiled.

Steve sighed. He placed a hand on my cheek, I leaned into his touch.

"Also, I want the full story as to why you are on the run and why everyone was at the raft. Sam said he would tell me, but I feel like he left some stuff out." I said and Steve half nodded and smiled. I then placed my hand under his chin and turned it to look at the huge bruise on his cheekbone. "And explaining this." I said and he laughed.

"You first and then once we get everything worked out, I will tell you what happened that led to all of this." Steve said and I nodded. I took a deep breath, placed my hand over Steve's on my cheek, removed it but interlaced out fingers to hold his hand.

"Okay so there were some shady dealings going on with Ross and everyone else. The Accords were being brought up and rough drafts were flying around. I didn't agree with them, I knew they were wrong. I knew they were stupid and would be the end of the Avengers. Well, I thought I could be smart and go to Ross and tell him how wrong it was, how if this got passed and everyone signed how he was putting the world in danger with no Avengers. Well as you can imagine talking to Ross didn't go over too well and he told me if I valued my job, I would keep my mouth shut. Well, I did, I know it was wrong, but Ross made my life a living hell. He was constantly threating my life, my job...all of it. I wanted to come to you and Tony with this so bad and I actually had a meeting scheduled with Tony a few days after I disappeared. Ross couldn't let that happen because I was going to tell the truth and he needed Tony on his side. The day after you asked me to meet you and talk, I was arrested before I could even leave the compound. According to Ross they found information in my apartment pertaining to an assassination plan of him and plans to overthrow government heads. They had footage of me buying weapons and ammo, but I swear it wasn't me. Someone stole my face somewhere whether with prosthetics or some kind of AI thing. Well Ross threw around his power, there was no trail there was nothing. Ross found me guilty and sentenced me to life on the raft since I proclaimed my innocence. He told me if I plead guilty, I could be moved to a state side prison, but I figured the raft was better than anything since I was innocent. I swear to you Steve I'm innocent and I never did it. I hated Rose but I wouldn't do that." I explained.

Steve sat taking everything in, I felt his hand shaking in mine and then he growled but took a couple calming breaths.

"Well, the Accords are why all this happened. I didn't sign them Ro, I couldn't. Like I said I will explain all of it later, but I thank you for trying to come to us. I'm also happy you came with us, you deserve to be free and live your life." Steve said.

"Thanks goes to Sam for opening my gate." I said and Steve gave a small nod. He interlaced his other hand in mine, and I sighed looking down at our hands together and Steve brought them to his lips and kissed the back of both my hands.

"I'm sorry I didn't look for you." Steve finally said after a few minutes of silence.

"You had no clue what happened or where I was. I never wanted to go, I wanted to see you, I want to get you a message. I wrote so many notes, but a guard or Ross would rip them up in my face. None of that matters though because we are here now. That's all we can ask for." I said and Steve smiled. I looked at him as he leaned in, and I felt his lips brush mine. Right as we were about to connect some cleared their throat. We looked to see Clint.

"Sorry to interrupt but Steve where are we going?" Clint asked and Steve sighed and shrugged.

"I'm not sure. I mean do you and Scott want to go home? Ross may find you both?" Steve said and Clint nodded.

"I know but I have to see my family." Clint said.

"Me too." Scott said and we all looked at him. "I have a daughter." Scott said and I gave a small smile.

"You have to let them go Steve." I said and he nodded.

"I need to get to Scotland...I have a plan." Wanda said but not saying anything else. Steve nodded.

"Sam, you have plans?" Steve asked.

"I'll follow you Cap." Sam said from the pilot seat. Steve just sighed and looked at me.

"Romy, you can hide out with me and my family. If you need a place to go." Clint said and I smiled at him.

"That's sweet Clint and I love Laura and the kids, but I have a place to go. My parents left me a cabin in the mountains of North Carolina. It's been upkept by someone who is paid by a trust left by my parents. Ross nor anyone knew about this place. 4 bedrooms 2 bath, not small by any means." I said and Steve smiled.

"Think Sam and I could stay with you?" Steve asked and I nodded.

"There is even a clearing we can hide the jet in stealth mode." I said and Steve smiled.

"Okay well let's get everyone dropped off at a central location so we can all get home." Steve said and Sam nodded. Everyone walked away and Steve looked at me.

"You ready to live with Sam and I?" Steve asked and I smiled.

"I think I can handle you and Sam." I said and Steve leaned in and brushed his lips to mine again.

"I think your right." Steve said as our lips connected in a passionate kiss.