5 - Visits

**STEVE POV**

I was arriving in Wakanda, and I wanted to go see Bucky before he made his decision on what he was doing. I arrived and was instantly taken into the medical lab, and I saw Bucky sitting on an exam table. He smiled seeing me.

"I wasn't sure you were going to make it before I went in." Bucky said and I sighed.

"So, you're really doing it? You sure about this?" I asked looking at the cryo chamber and then back at Bucky.

"I can't trust my own mind. So, until they figure out how to get this stuff out of my head, I think going back under is the best thing...for everybody." Bucky said and I sighed but nodded.

"I hate this had to happened and I'm really sorry." I said and Bucky shook his head.

"Not your fault Steve, you tried. It's not like you failed. I heard you went and got everyone from the raft. Are they all safe?" Bucky asked and I just nodded. I dropped my head though.

"Yeah, everyone is safe, even someone I didn't know was there." I said.

"What are you talking about?" Bucky asked and I sighed.

"Romy. She worked for Ross at the compound. I had feelings for her and wanted to ask her out but then she went missing before I could ask her out. It was about a lot of things and the final straw was the accords she didn't agree with them and tried to get Ross to change his mind. He didn't like that she was so outspoken, so he framed her for something, and she ended up on the raft." I explained and Bucky just nodded.

"Well, that's good, you got her from the raft, now you have a chance." Bucky said and I shrugged.

"Things didn't go well when I left her at the hideout, we had an argument." I said and Bucky shook his head.

"Were you happy to see her again?" Bucky asked me and I nodded.

"Of course, I was but I kissed her when I found her...well she kissed me. But either way being on the run I don't think while we are one the run is the best way to start something together." I said and Bucky shook his head.

"You like her right?" Bucky asked.

"I mean it's pretty apparent even though I know I screwed up my chances. I was an ass before I left, I just told her I wasn't sure if she was innocent like she claims. Thing is I know she is innocent, but I spoke out of anger of this whole situation." I explained.

"You're an idiot."

"I know. She smacked me for it." I said and Bucky chuckled.

"You deserved it." Bucky said and I nodded.

"I know I did."

"So can I give you some advice you take with you since I go in the chamber soon?" Bucky asked.

"Of course." I said.

"Stop being a grumpy old man who doesn't know how to show or accept love. You have a girl who is willing to love you and be with you no matter what. Take it Steve. Don't let this pass you by, live your life." Bucky said and I sighed. I then nodded.

"Yeah, it's time." I said.

"What am I going to so without you around to shove in my face when I'm wrong?" I asked and Bucky smiled.

"I'll be back don't worry." Bucky said and I gave him a hug.

"You ready Mr. Barnes?" the guy asked who was standing next to the cryo-chamber. Bucky nodded and we walked over to the chamber.

"Make it right with Romy Steve. When I come out of this, I expect you to be with her." Bucky said and I chuckled.

"Got it." I said and Bucky walked into the chamber. I watched him go back into his ice sleep and sighed knowing I had one more stop to make before I could go back to the cabin.

◼◼◼

Before I went back to the cabin, I made a stop and picked up something and then went back to the quinjet to write the note that needed to be sent.

-Tony,

I'm glad you're back at the compound. I don't like the idea of you rattling around a mansion by yourself. We all need family. The Avengers are yours. Maybe more so than mine. I've been on my own since I was 18. I never really fit in anywhere, even in the Army. My faiths in people, I guess. Individuals. And I'm happy to say that, for the most part they haven't let me down. Which is why I can't let them down either. Locks can be replaced, but maybe they shouldn't. I know I hurt you, Tony. I guess I thought by not telling you about your parents I was sparing you, but I can see now that I was really sparing myself. And I'm sorry. Hopefully one day you can understand. I wish we agreed on the Accords. I really do. I know you're doing what you believe in, and that's all any of us can do. That's all any of us should. So, no matter I promise you if you need us, if you need me, I'll be there.-

Once I finished the note, I put it in the box with the burner phone I bought programmed with the phone I bought as well. The only number on the phone sent to Tony. All he would need. Once I mailed it to the compound. It was time to get to the cabin and talk to Romy and make things right.