56: 𝘉𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘩𝘢𝘪𝘳

Alice yawned heavily as she reached the bottom of the stairs.

It was far too early for her liking. Especially for a Saturday morning. She woke up without Rafe next to her in bed, leaving only the turned blanket on his side.

As she left his room, Tannyhill's hallways seemed so quiet that she dared to head downstairs. Even though the Camerons knew she was Rafe's girlfriend - after the wonderful dinner they had recently - she was careful with every step.

The last thing she wanted was to run into Sarah or Ward. Especially while wearing Rafe's shirt.

But the voices coming from the kitchen slowed her steps down.

„You want more?" Rafe asked, facing the stove when Alice finally reached the kitchen arch.

She crossed her arms over her-his shirt and leaned sideways against the wall.

The sight of him was...something. The white tank top he wore exposed his arms and the muscles which, along with the veins, stood out on his skin. She didn't know why, but something about his arms made her stare a moment longer.

It smelled sweet, like a memory from her childhood. The scent of melted sugar mixed with a warm sweetness, a slight hint of butter and dough. And if she wasn't mistaken, she smelled vanilla somewhere.

Pancakes.

„Mm no, I have to finish these first" Wheezie hummed, sitting at the kitchen counter in her PJ's with a plate in front of her and cutlery in her hands.

„Alright" Rafe said, placing the last pancake on the small tower on the plate next to him. „then I'll bring Alice some-„

She had to grin when he turned around and his sentence caught in his throat.

Damn, if she had known that Rafe - dressed like he was, with hair that screamed that he hadn't yet looked at the mess on his head in the mirror - would have brought her breakfast in bed, she would never have gotten up.

As soon as her brother fell silent, Wheezie looked over her shoulder and smiled widely as she figured out the reason. „good morning, Ali"

„Good morning, Wheez" She stepped into the kitchen and ruffled Wheezie's black curls.

„Can't I get a good morning?" Rafe asked when she finally rounded the corner of the kitchen island.

Giggling, she wrapped her arms around his shoulders as he took her waist in his hands. They traveled from her waist all the way to her lower back, pulling her a little closer to close the gap between their lower bodies.

God, and even in the kitchen he gave her bad ideas.

„I didn't know you knew how to make pancakes" Alice grinned up at him, trying to think of something else.

„There's a lot you don't know" He joked before kissing her and letting her taste the sugary syrup on his lips from the pancakes he ate.

„Eww!" Wheezie interrupted their morning kiss, causing them to pull away. „don't do that here"

„This is what I get for making you breakfast?"

„I've seen you kiss enough girls in our kitchen"

Alice's gaze flew to Rafe, pushing his hands off of her body as she backed away. „oh yeah, is that so?"

His eyes remained glued to his little sister, who was happily dipping the pancakes in syrup. Alice had to admit that even though he made them, they actually looked pretty tasty.