36: 𝘚𝘶𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘮

A/N: Hii babes, first of all I'm so sorry I haven't updated in the last few days. Secondly, over 40Tsd reads on my story, much more than I expected when I started, so thank you so much, love y'all and now enjoy this long ass chapter!

R A F E

He slipped out of his bed, got on his feet and adjusted his sweatpants, looking over at the windows, which were flooded with heavy raindrops that poured onto the roof and soaked the gutters.

It was so damn late and the sky was drenched in pitch darkness, the only thing that gave him light was the bedside lamp on his side.

Rafe found no sleep, no matter how hard he tried. He had been lying awake in his bed for hours now, drawing circles in his girlfriend's hair with his fingertips.

His sleeping girl, dressed only in his shirt and her lace underwear, lying hidden under the blanket they shared and still something made him get out of that bed.

He glanced over his shoulder at Alice, taking a moment just to look at her now that her pillow was no longer his chest.

With a sigh he walked over to her bedside and tucked her in, smiling warmly as he brushed her hair out of her face. He leaned down and pressed a soft kiss to her forehead before silently walking over to the window sill where his pack of cigarettes was.

As soon as he opened the balcony door a cold breeze blew through his room. The patter of the rain became louder, clearer, distinctive as he leaned against the old wooden door frame.

He felt the cold of the night spread over his uncovered torso and he lit a cigarette, his body warming up and the pungent smoke stinging his lungs.

And as he watched the rain soak the entire house in a dark atmosphere, his mind began to wander.

It was the way warm sunlight danced on her soft skin - her deep eyes guided by nothing but bright sunbeams - that drove him insane. He could still feel every centimeter of her trembling body in his hands, the images from earlier in the bathroom replayed in his mind. He knew her body like he had spent hours, days, years studying it.

Every wrinkle, every tiny birthmark, every sensitive spot he had to kiss so that something as soft as her melted right into his rough hands.

And he knew he had no right to touch someone like her, to crave her like air but he did - long before she even noticed it.

Rafe always had a thing for her.

All these years he had held himself back and was afraid of the things he felt for her, but he observed her in even the busiest of rooms, listened to all these guys gushing about her every time she walked in.

Their words were like those of hungry animals.

Talking about her sweet smile, her pretty lips, her body, how her hips swayed as she walked by, her ass that they would've loved to see in front of them with her being bent over - or better yet - her fucking tits.

Words from all these guys he would have loved to kill right then and there with his own hands.

And then last year she suddenly chose JJ, one of the many who talked about her like she was nothing but a fuck doll.

And at that very moment, Rafe felt something shift within him. The feeling of boiling blood rushing through his veins, all the way up to his head, clouding his mind just because he saw that dirty Pogue kissing her pretty lips, pulling her close, touching her, holding her precious body in his hands and doing everything he craved to do all these god damn years.