EIGHT

I tell her how I swear we almost kissed and how he brought me to the crates to look at the stars.

“You almost kissed him,” she asks. “Yes,” I say, my cheeks getting pink. “Why didn't you guys kiss,” she asks. “Because Jake, Tyson and Nate found us,” I groan in frustration.

"Stupid Jake, Nate and Tyson,” she exclaims. “I know! I was so annoyed,” I say. “He obviously likes you, though,” she says. “Yeah, but I'm going to play it out,” I say.

“Why wait,” she shrugs. “Because not everyone is as fortunate as you and Jordan. You guys just told each other and boom you were together. I don't think it's that easy with Ezra.” “I guess I am pretty lucky,” she sighs.

“Alright. Play it out, but I want to hear every detail,” she says. “Of course. Do you even need to tell me that,” I ask. “No,” she grins.

“Do you have any clothes I can borrow,” I ask, moving on from the topic. “Yeah I set some aside on the bed,” she says.

I walk to the back of the camper and there's folded gray sweatpants and baggy t-shirt. I grab the clothes and peel off my outfit and bathing suit that was underneath. I wear a bathing suit everywhere and all summer long.

I put on the clean clothes and walk into the bathroom. I scavenge around for a loose hair tie. I find one on the counter and tie up my hair into a messy bun.

I walk out of the bathroom and sit beside Camilla. A pile of snacks are In front of her. I open a bag of SourPatch Kids and pour some into my hand.

“So what's our plan for tonight? All nighter? Movie? Sleeping,” I ask. “Well I was thinking we could watch a movie and see where the rest of the evening goes,” she suggests. “That's fine with me,” I say.

She opens a bag of Starbursts and pours a bunch in a bowl. I unwrap one and pop it into my mouth. “What movie do you want to watch,” she asks. “Hunger Games,” I suggest. A movie both Camilla and I have watched a thousand times. “Sounds good,” she says, tapping away at her laptop.

She pushes the laptop away so we both can see the screen. I chew on pieces of candy as the movie starts.

“Do you know a girl named Penny by any chance,” I ask. “Oh, yeah! She goes to my school- super sweet girl,” she says. “Yeah, Tyson made out with her tonight,” I say, holding back laughter. “Woah! When,” she asks, surprised. “Apparently tonight,” I say, grabbing another Starburst.

“I didn't think she was that kind of girl. Interesting,” she says, nodding her head. “Very interesting,” I say.

***

A blaring ringtone goes off, waking me out of my sleep. I groan and turn over. Camilla is fast asleep on her side of the bed.

We barely made it halfway through the movie before we both started to fall asleep, so we decided to call it a night. I couldn't fall asleep after that even though I tried multiple times.

The thought of Ezra was repeating in my head over and over. I reach over Camilla and turn off her alarm on her phone. The clock reads 11:30am. Guess we really slept in.