FOUR

I dangle my legs down the skate ramp. "I wonder why he's not texting me back. Should I text him again," Camilla says.

Camilla and I have been best friends since the third grade. We've been there for everything. Our first crushes, our first boyfriends, going to high school together. There's no doubt she's my best friends.

"No. I'm going to just leave it," she adds. She clicks her phone off and pushes it away from her. "Yeah, just leave him. He'll reply," I say.

Camilla is dating this guy, Jordan. Jordan used to like me first, then fell for Camilla. I never reciprocated feelings for him, though. They're really cute together. Cuter him and I would have ever been. "Hopefully," Camilla says, crossing her fingers.

"What's happening with you and Ezra," she smirks. I texted her about him last night. I told her about the eye contact and the walk home and when I thought he was going to kiss me.

"I don't know. I like him but it's only been two days," I say. "But you guys would actually be so cute," she says. "You've never met him. How would you know," I raise my eyebrow. "I just do. I just do," she says, grinning. "Besides, I don't even know if he likes me. Or if he's interested," I add. "He wouldn't have walked you home if he didn't like you," she exclaims. She does make a good point. "Yeah, I guess," I say.

"So you've been hanging out with his group, though," she asks. "Yeah. They're not as bad as they seem," I shrug. "Are you sure," she asks. Camilla has always had my best interest at heart. "I'm sure. They're all really nice," I say. "Okay. I trust your judgment," she says.

"You should ask him to hang out with us," she says. "Like with you and me," I ask. "Yeah. Then I can meet him," she says with a sinister smile. "No! You're going to embarrass me," I giggle. "I won't. I swear," she promises, holding out her pinky. I link mine with hers. "Fine. I'll text him," I say. "Yay!"

Me: Hey, do you want to hang out today?

I click off my phone. "Now we wait," I say. My phone vibrates a second after. "Is that him," she asks. I click it back on. "Yeah," I smile. "Well, what does it say?"

I tap on the banner.

Ezra: Sure! Just me and you or?

Camilla looks up from my phone with her mouth open. "He's wondering if it's just you and him? And he said yes!?" "That doesn't mean anything," I say. "Yes it does!"

Me: No. We'd be with my friend, Camilla.
Ezra: Oh. Sure! I want to meet some of your friends, anyways.

"Now I get to meet him," Camilla grins. "Now you do," I smile.

Ezra: Where should we meet?
Me: Well, we're at the skatepark. So here?
Ezra: Be there in 10

"Oh! Speaking of texts and boys, Jordan finally texted me back," she says. "Told you," I say. She always gets paranoid that he's cheating or ignoring her. It's often that I have to reassure her. Though, she does the same for me.

Camilla and I fill each other in on the things we missed this week while we wait for Ezra. I tell her about the book I'm reading, she tells me about her and Jordan.