SEVEN

We went back to the games after the concert. It was really good. They sang mostly covers and some of their originals. Camilla and I danced and jumped the entire time, now our legs are sore.

My dad left for the department already and my mom went home to put Max to bed, so Camilla and I are on our own.

I spray my squirt gun at the target as fast as I can. My dolphin figure goes up just a little bit. Camilla's reaches the top and the bell rings. She squeals in victory.

“I won! Man, I keep winning today,” she exclaims. “I can't seem to beat you,” I say. “Nobody can,” she smirks.

“I bet I can,” Bri challenges, coming up behind us. “Oh, sure. I mean if you want to lose,” Camilla teases. I knew Camilla only meant that in a teasing matter, but Bri surely did not take it that way.

Here goes Briannas competitive side. Bri will do anything to win. She

shoots a glare towards her and loads her squirt gun with more water, aiming it at the middle of the target. Her dolphin figure goes up but not as fast as Camilla's.

Bris eyes are fixated on her dolphin figure going up. Camilla's goes up even faster, reaching to top just before Bris.

“Shit,” she mumbles. Camilla squeals again. “Told ya,” she smiles. “Yeah, you're right. No one can beat you,” Bri laughs.

I'm surprised by her tone. She went from super competitive to friendly. “Uh-huh,” Camilla smirks again. “Another round,” Bri asks. “Sure, I'm good with it,” Camilla shrugs.

“Hey, what time is it,” Jake asks Brianna. “I forgot my phone at home.” “Just past eleven thirty,” Bri says. “Alright, thanks,” Jake says.

Pretty much everyone is still here. The town is still awake and everyone is focusing on having a good time.

“Ready,” Bri asks, reloading her gun. “You bet,” Camilla says. Jake lingers, watching Bri and Camilla play another round.

I'm focused on Ezra. I watch him talk with Tyson, Nate and another guy who I don't know. He's smiling and laughing and it makes my stomach flip.

Now it's my turn to check him out. His hands are in his pockets and his white t-shirt is tight enough that it shows off his muscles.

He smiles at something Nate said and glances towards me. It's too late to quickly look the other way and cover up the fact that I was watching him. I suck in a breath and smile sheepishly.

He says something to the guys and makes his way over to me. “Hey, you want to hang out tonight,” he asks. “What?” I laugh. “Do you want to hang out tonight,” he repeats. “Like, now or later,” I ask. “Later,” he says.
“Or now. Now works, too.”

I hear Camilla squeal in victory again. I glance towards her and let out a small laugh. “I mean, yeah. I'd love to, but I'm sleeping over at Camilla's tonight,” I say.

“She won't mind if I steal you from her for a couple of hours, would she,” he smiles. I can't say no to that smile. “Yeah I guess she won't,” I say. “Let me just tell her where I'll be,” I say.

I walk over to Camilla who's now with Jordan. “Hey, Ezra wants to hang out with me, so I won't be back for a bit, but I'll text you and we can meet in your camper,” I say.