SIX

I woke up without an alarm, since it's a Saturday. I pull my blanket off myself and walk into my bathroom. I haven't talked to Ezra in a couple of days. I was left kind of confused after he left a few days ago. I texted Camilla about it after I got home. She was weirded out by the whole phone call thing.

I pull my toothbrush and toothpaste out of my drawer. I look at my reflection in the mirror as I brush my teeth. My dirty Blonde hair is a giant mess.

I don't know why I'm waiting for him to text me. He wasn't mad at me, so I could easily text him. I spit and rinse my mouth out with water. I don't know why I feel like I shouldn't. Maybe I'll see him today at the farmers market. Who am I kidding? Most guys don't go to farmers markets.

I put my mess of hair back and wet my face. I should text Camilla seeing if we should meet there or at my house. I pump face wash into my hands and rub it onto my face. I'm starting to get a summer tan. It usually takes me a while to get one. I rinse off my face and apply my skincare.

"Taylor," I hear my mom call. "Yeah, I'm up. Just getting ready," I reply. I apply some minimal makeup and brush through my hair.

I walk out of my bathroom to get dressed. I walk into my closet and lay out my outfit. A white, short sleeve corset top with tiny blue flowers on it, a dark denim mini skirt, and some gold jewelry. I put on my outfit and spray some perfume. I grab my purse off my hooks and put it over my shoulder. I grab my phone off my nightstand and text Camilla

Me: Meet up at the market?
Camilla: sure! I'll find u

I walk downstairs to see my mom dressed and standing at the counter putting her iced coffee into a to-go cup.

"Hey, there you are. You ready to go," she asks. "Yes I am," I say. "You look cute, Mom." She's wearing a long, floral dress with puffy short sleeves and a sun hat. "Really? Thanks, Hun," she says. "You're welcome," I say.

I grab a strawberry jam filled croissant out of our pastry box. "Okay, let's go," my mom says, grabbing her purse and drink. We walk out onto the driveway and get in the car.

"So who've you been hanging out with recently," my mom asks, casually. I take a giant bite of my croissant. There's no tone in her voice that sounds like she's asking to criticize my friends.

"Well Bri introduced me to her friend group, so I've been hanging around with them recently," I say, chewing.

My mom knows almost our entire town, but she wouldn't know that the group I'm hanging out with has a bad reputation.

"Oh. What are some of their names? Would I know their parents," she asks. I swallow my big bite.

"Mom, how would I know if you knew their parents? I don't go up to people saying 'Hi, I'm Taylor! What's your parents names,'" I say. She lets out a small laugh.

"No, I know. I'm just asking," she says. "Well there's Hazel, she's really nice. Um, Jodie, Nate, Tyson. He's an interesting one. Alyssa, who you know and a guy named Ezra." "Yeah I don't think I'd know any of their parents," she says.

She pulls into the museum parking lot. Our town has a tiny building dedicated to our town's history and small items from when the town was just starting out. I'm not sure why we have it, because our town isn't even that big.