Chapter 78: As You Are Gaius, I am Gaia

Start from the beginning

As soon as the couple entered the groom's house, they were considered married. And following the conclusion of the wedding ceremony, it was time for Adonis and Adel to consummate their marriage. They did so in a richly decorated bed, weaving the colors of both families: the Rogueriders, a very powerful plebeian, were represented by blue tapestries depicting a white tiger, dancing together with the patrician Legendorgas' phoenix in golden and red colors. Thus, their differing domains of ground and sky met together in the hope of a shared future.

-----------------------

Caleomens 18, 1616 Central Calendar, 10:00

Roguerider Residence, San Redentore District

After another feast prepared by the groom in the morning, Adonis and Adel wore their ceremonial attire and performed various religious rituals. Unlike the boisterous celebrations of the previous day among the guests, this one was a private affair reserved only for the newlywed couple.

Ostensibly, they prayed to the gods. However, the damage from the Civilization Annihilation Game to Ars Goetia's pantheon was shown more clearly for Meteos in this Third Timeline. People in this world did still pray to the gods, but now that every god of Ars Goetia barring Astarte was already sold by Shamash the Deceiver to fuel the Game, these mortals seemed to either don't know or don't care which god exactly they directed their prayers to. That much positive energy was better channeled to Astarte to help her heal, but sadly and infuriatingly, that was not to be because of the Third Timeline's nature and the ultimately whimsical Four Horsemen despite their human guises' stance of working in Meteos' favor.

Prompted by reflections on the couple's ritual on the second day, Meteos found his mind drifting back to the subject even as he attempted to distract himself by heading to play with his four infant siblings in their shared room. Alongside him were Nadia, Annette, as well as young Noelle Lippin and Tristan Arkland, children of family friends who had dropped by earlier. They asked their mothers and Meteora to see these cute little potatoes, apparently.

With their attention directed at him, Meteos brought his hands to cover his face only to flick his wrists outward seconds later.

"Boo..."

In spite of his deadpan delivery, the four little siblings before him erupted in delighted giggles. Their eyes widened in delight, gurgling laughter erupting from their tiny pink mouths.

"Oh, Meteos, you're so good with them," Nadia smiled seeing the boy trying to entertain his siblings from over his shoulder. She silently urged him to repeat the game, and when Meteos complied, another round of joyous squeals ensued.

"Yeah. So it would seem."

Frieda, Samuel, Arran, and Fiona. Now five months old. Their weight at birth was just slightly below average, but ultimately they were healthy children. Two of them were said to be 'incomplete' reincarnators, though this ultimately held little significance since whoever those two were would never be able to remember their past lives, as Kagaseo used to explain. He wanted to verify from time to time if this remained the case.

The hide-and-seek games as done by Meteos started to become giggle-producing favorites as the babies began to grasp the concept of 'object permanence.' In addition, the little ones are now able to discern tiny items and lots of colors, as well as track moving objects. Their hearing and vision are almost completely developed, and they just might recognize their names which were so thoughtfully chosen and have been saying for months. They were eagerly taking in everything they saw, assisted by their new motor skills, and trying to make sense of the world. So far, they all behave like normal 5-month-olds.