37: Three Months Later

October 4th, 1985

The Byers were moving away today, and El was going with them.

"Turn around," Y/n and Max sang, teasing Dustin. "Look at what you see,"

The party was at the Byers to help them pack for the move.

"In her face," the couple continued as Dustin looked at them, a deadpan expression on his face. "The mirror of your dreams. Rhymes that keep their secrets will unfold behind the clouds."

"Wait," Max stopped singing. "Did we get that verse right? It's 'Unfold behind the clouds'?" She asked in faux confusion.

"Yeah," Dustin replied, annoyed. "But you're butchering it, so could you please stop?"

"So then join in Dusty-bun," Y/n teased, mockingly blowing kisses at the boy.

"Yeah, Dusty-bun, why don't you join us?"

"You guys are so funny, you should be on Carson."

"Can't we just hear your rendition?" Max asked the boy.

"No."

"Please! Just one verse?"

"No! No way. It's reserved for Suzie's ears, and Suzie's ears alone."

"Yeah, except for when you broadcasted it to the entire party plus Hopper, Joyce, Murray, Steve-" Y/n started to list, getting cut off by Dustin.

"Yeah, you mean when I was saving your asses?"

Max and Y/n turned to each other, each thinking the same thing before singing again. "Turn around, look at what you see."

Dustin waved a middle finger around as if the girls didn't see it, but they just kept singing as Dustin pleaded for them to shut up.

!!!

It was time for goodbyes now.

Y/n was never really good with goodbyes.

The first person she engulfed in a hug was El. "I'm gonna miss you," she mumbled into the brunette's shoulder as a tear rolled down her face. She felt El nod before speaking. "I'm gonna miss you, too."

Y/n pulled away, her hands resting on El's shoulders. "Call me, okay? You need to call me."

El nodded. "Okay," she smiled through tears. Y/n nodded before moving to hug Will.

"It's gonna feel so empty without you," she said as she hugged Will, more tears falling. Will nodded, him being a crying mess. "Same with you."

"I'm gonna call you constantly, you know that, right?" She told the boy, who chuckled a bit. "I know."

Y/n nodded, and pulled away before going to say goodbye to the others.

When it was time for them to leave, the party- with the exception of Will and El, and the addition of Nancy -watched the sight of the Byers driving away in the U-haul.

Max clung to Y/n's arm as they all watched it drive away, her head on her girlfriend's shoulder, and
Y/n's head resting on Max's.

Hawkins wouldn't be the same without the Byers.

a/n:

AHAHAHAH GET READY Y'ALL.

471 words.

As Hawkins Falls: Max Mayfield x Fem Reader- A Stranger Things Fanfictionजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें