4: Dart the Runaway

Four: Dart The Runaway

!!!

After school, Y/n, Max, Dustin, and Lucas were about to show Dart to Mr. Clarke, when Mike bursts in, the door hitting the wall with a loud slam. "Stop!" He shouted.

"I'm really sorry Mr. Clarke, it was just a stupid prank!" He said in a panic, swiping the box off the desk.

"The hell are you doing?!" Dustin looked at Mike.

"We have to go right now!!!"

They tried to argue, but were cut off by another screaming Mike.

"RIGHT!!!! NOW!!!!" He shouted, showing he was really serious.

................................................................................................................................................................

Mike and Will brought Lucas, Dustin, and Y/n into the A.V Club. Max tried to follow.

"You can't come." Mike said to Max.

"Why not?" Max asked.

"It's only for party members." Mike decided.

"Dude!" I say.

"No. Party members only. I'm not changing it." He stubbornly insisted.

The party members all gather into the room.

"Sorry." Y/n mouthed to Max as she walked in.

The door shut in front of Max, and she just slid against the wall, down to the floor. She wanted to be in there. She wanted to be with Y/n. Eventually she kept banging on the door. "Guys come on, can I come in yet?!" She shouted through the door. Y/n didn't say anything, she just felt really bad.

"I just don't understand." Lucas told them.

"What don't you understand?" Mike wondered.

"Will saw something that looked like Dart last year?" Lucas asked.

"Sort of, but without the tail." Will clarified.

After they finished explaining everything, they concluded that Dart is from the Upside Down, because Will saw something that looked like him. In the midst of their conversation, the trap that Dart was in started shaking, along with Dart's chittering. Mike grabbed a lamp. "Don't hurt him." Dustin demanded Mike. "Only if he attacks." Mike confirmed.

Dustin opened the trap, and Dart came tumbling out. Y/n noticed something inside of Dart, moving around. "Hey, guys? Correct me if I'm wrong, but yesterday, there wasn't anything moving inside of Dart."

"Holy shit." Dustin cursed. 

Legs ripped through Dart's skin, making the creature now have four legs. Mike slammed the lamp on the desk. He was trying to hit Dart, but Dustin shoved him out of the way. Dart started running away. Unfortunately, this was right when Max use a paper clip to unlock the door. Dart went bolting out of the A.V club doors. They all ran after him, Y/n falling on top of Max. They both froze for a second, blushing. 

Will was watching the whole thing.

Y/n scrambled to her feet. "Sorry." She apologized as she helped Max up.

"It's fine." Max said, dusting herself off. They both paused and looked at each other for a moment.

"Uh... we should- probably go look for him." Y/n broke the silence.

"Yeah." Max agreed as she walked away. Y/n turned the corner, and realized the fact that Will was there the whole time. 

"Shit!" She cursed, startled. "Will you scared the shit out of me!" 

"Sorry." Will quietly apologized. 

"No, it's fine, I was just startled." Y/n explained.

"Oh."

"Hey, can I ask you something?" Y/n asked.

"Yeah, sure." Will said.

"Why do you keep giving Max and I that look?" 

"I mean, it's pretty obvious."

"What's obvious?"

"You like her, Y/n."

"What?" Y/n stopped walking.

"Y/n, it's nothing serious. You're my friend. I'm your friend." Will told her. "It's okay." He finished.

"Maybe you're right." Y/n said.

The kept walking in silence. 

It's not normal for girls to like girls, though. Y/n thought. But... maybe I do like Max.

Y/n left Will and decided to go look with Lucas. When she found him, he was standing by a door. Lucas kicked the door open, and a teacher yelled at him. "Mister Sinclair!" Y/n heard.

"Sorry! I- I was just looking... for study hall!" Lucas lied, before speaking into his walkie, telling the party that Dart wasn't there. 

"Genius idea, Lucas." Y/n teased. 

"Oh, shut up." He snapped back. 

They looked some more, before hearing Will through the walkie talkie. "I found him." Will told them. "Where?" Dustin asked. "In the bathroom by Mr. Salerno's." He explained. They all rushed over, to find Dustin where Will said Dart was. "Where is he?" Y/n asked. 

"I don't know." Dustin told them.

"You don't know?"

"He said by Salerno's, right?"

"Not Dart, you idiots. Will! Where's Will?!" Y/n wondered.

"Shit." Dustin cursed, before running out of the bathroom to look for Will. Eventually, Y/n found him on the field, in what looked like a trance. She ran inside to find her friends and Joyce, Will's mom. "He's on the field!" Y/n informed them. They all ran to him, yelling his name and shaking him, doing anything to snap him out of it. A wave of relief washed over everyone when Will jumped awake with a gasp.

Joyce took Will home, and they all watched as Will got in his car and drove off.

"Okay, that totally freaked me out." Max paused, waiting for a response. "Did that not freak you guys out?" She asked them. Y/n opened her mouth to talk before looking at the remaining party members. She looked over to Max, wanting to say something, but knowing to stay silent. She sighed.

Authors note:

Hi! Sorry this chapter is so short, I was trying to get it done on time. Thanks for reading!