40: So, is Eddie, Like, a Murderer?

Forty: So, is Eddie, Like, a Murderer?

After the game, Y/n went straight to Max's house.

As she came to a stop outside of Max's trailer, she saw Eddie's car pull up by his trailer.

Edward Munson was Max's neighbor, the school's "Freak," and the person who ran Hellfire Club.

"Hello, my wonderful girlfriend," Y/n greeted, raising her arms to exaggerate her words as she approached Max after getting off of her bike. The redhead was knelt in front of a fence, feeding her neighbor's dog some treats through the holes of the fence. "Hey," Max replied with a smile, looking away from Eddie's car and up at Y/n.

When the door to Eddie's car opened, a girl stepped out.

Y/n just saw a white jacket and cheerleader skirt with white shoes. After looking for a few more seconds, though, she realized it was none other than Chrissy Cunningham.

Why the hell was she with Eddie?

Y/n and Max were just watching the two across the street. Eddie said something to Chrissy and the two entered his trailer.

The two girls looked at each other, sharing looks of confusion and slight nervousness before Max stood up. Y/n followed the redhead into her house before the two made their way to Max's room.

"That was weird," Y/n stated once Max closed the door, speaking as the red-haired girl moved to sit on her bed.

"Yeah, tell me about it," Max agreed. Y/n made her way over to her girlfriend's bed, sitting down next to her. The two looked at each other for a moment before Y/n wrapped her arms around Max and dragged her down to lie down with a happy squeal. The girls were now lying together on Max's bed, Max facing away from Y/n with her back against her girlfriend's front. Y/n had her arm over Max and her head buried into the redhead's shoulder. Max grabbed Y/n's hand from in front of her, intertwining their fingers before letting out a content sigh. There was nothing in particular to talk about, but that was okay. They just enjoyed each other's company as they lay in a comfortable silence.

After a while, the girls could hear the television start to act up in the other room, followed by the lights starting to flicker. They both started to slowly sit up, the problem catching their attention. Max's power going out wasn't unusual, but it was never like this. Normally the lights would turn off and then on before turning off entirely. They would never flicker sporadically like this.

The quiet was broken by a loud scream coming from outside of the trailer. More specifically, Eddie's trailer. The girls jumped at the sound, and Y/n got up to look out through the window, Max joining her a couple seconds after. What they saw was Eddie, running out of his trailer and hurrying into his car, horrified and panicked according to his expression and body language.

Y/n and Max shared an expression that was a mixture of worry, fear, confusion, and concern.

Eddie didn't come back to his trailer that night.

!!!

The next morning, Y/n was awakened by Max, who jolted awake with a gasp as she shot up to a sitting position.

Y/n immediately woke up to calm her girlfriend, sitting up as she realized what was happening. "Hey. Hey, hey, hey, Max, it's okay. It's okay, " Y/n comforted with a hushed and soft tone of voice as she moved closer to the redhead and rubbed her back. "Nightmare?" She asked once her girlfriend calmed down. Max nodded and removed the blanket from over her lap before heading to the kitchen.