24: Brace For Impact

Twenty-four: Brace For Impact

!!!

The three girls were at Y/n's house, all peacefully sleeping.

Max's back was facing Y/n, and Y/n's arm was wrapped around Max's waist. Their legs were entangled, and
Y/n's head rested on top of Max's. El had her back facing Max with the redhead's arm resting over her.

Their pleasant sleep was interrupted by Lucas's voice through Y/n's walkie.

"Y/n, you there? This is a code red. I repeat, this is a code red."

Y/n was pissed when she had to let go of Max to turn off her walkie. She reached behind her to her nightstand and grabbed the radio. "Shut. Up." She said bluntly before turning it off and wrapping her arm back around Max.

The contact never failed to give both girls butterflies, no matter how many times they would cuddle. Every single time, both girls got butterflies.

Then the phone rang. Harshly slammed the blankets down next to her, and walked over to the phone with hard, heavy steps.

"I'm sleeping, go awa-"

"Y/n?"

"Dustin?"

!!!

El had gone to Mike's to see if what was going on and if it related to Billy and his odd behavior. Y/n and Max had decided to go to Scoops Ahoy because of the intriguing news they received. Dustin said that they translated the Russian, and then Robin cracked it.

So now Max, Y/n, Robin, Steve, Dustin, and to their utter surprise, Erica. The young Sinclair's presence made Y/n question how she even got here. "Wait, Dustin, why didn't you want the others here?"

"Because you two are the only ones that didn't ditch me on the hill the other day."

Y/n gave a single nod. "Right."

"More fudge please." Erica told Steve as she pushed the ice cream sundae in front of her towards the boy. Max let out an annoyed sigh and rested her head on Y/n's shoulder. The two girls's hands were connected with interlocked fingers under the table. Robin gave a suspicious squint and a smirk at the two girls before raising her eyebrows with a face that said 'Anyways...' and turning her head back to Erica to explain the plan.

Said plan was that Erica would take a certain path through the air vents - as she was the only one that would fit - and arrive inside a Russian base to then open the door for the others. They would go inside, find out what was so important about the base, and stop the Russians from whatever they were planning.

Easy!

"You know what this half-baked plan of yours sounds like? Child endangerment." Erica told the teens.

"We'll be in radio contact with you the whole time-"

"Ah-ah-ah." Erica interrupted Robin. "Child. Endangerment."

"Erica." Dustin started, getting the young girl's attention. "We think these Russians are planning to do great harm to our country. Don't you love your country?"