26: Girlfriend

Twenty-six: Girlfriend

!!!

"How long have you..." Y/n trailed off, knowing Max probably got what she was trying to say.

"Since I met you." Max told the girl.

"But- but what about Lucas?"

"I didn't think I could have you. I liked him, I did, it's just- I thought getting a boyfriend would help me get over you, I guess. How long have you...?"

"Since I first saw you, Max. I was gonna ask you to the Snow Ball, but someone beat me to it the second I opened my mouth." Y/n told her, annoyance in her tone at the last part. Max giggled and stood up before reaching for the other girls hand, helping her stand up once she took it. They both hopped back through the hatch, joining their hands back together and looking up to see everyone look at them with a knowing look.

Almost every look was different, but sent the same suspicious message.

Robin was smirking with her arms folded, Dustin and Steve just rose their eyebrows, and Erica had a brow cocked.

"What?" Y/n asked, looking between each person, hand still holding Max's. When no one answered, the two girls just gave looks of confusion to the rest of the group before walking off to somewhere in the elevator where they weren't being stared at.

The two girls ended up by the corner of the elevator, leaning against the wall next to a shelf while their feet were laying on top of a box.

"Max?"

"Yeah?"

"Are we official? Like, girlfriends?"

"Do you wanna be?" The redhead turned to Y/n, smiling.

Y/n looked back, making eye contact with the girl. "If you do."

Max stared back up at the ceiling. "Then, yes."

Y/n spoke up again. "In that case, when this is over, I need to take you out somewhere. Like an actual date."

"I'd love that."

!!!

After a moment, they heard commotion from outside the elevator door.

Y/n stared at the door, starting to panic. "Shit."

"Up there."

Everyone followed Max's gaze to the hatch in the ceiling. Steve looked back at the door for a second before ushering everyone up the hatch.

Max went first before helping her girlfriend up, then the couple helped Erica up, then Dustin, Robin and finally Steve. They all rushed to the corner of the rooftop, and Steve had apparently formed a plan. The second the Russians were far enough, Steve hopped down through the hatch and slid the container of the weird green substance under the door, stopping it from closing and leaving a gap just big enough for them to fit through. Erica tossed her backpack down first, and after Steve slid the bag through, Erica went through too.

Dustin went next, crawling on his stomach just as everyone else.

When it was Y/n's turn, she lied on her back, using the door to propel herself forward, trying her best to speed up the process. "Max come on!" She called, reaching her hand out. The redhead grabbed her hand, and slid through with Y/n's help. Robin then slid through, Steve following after her. Just as Steve made it through, the door crushed the container open, its contents spilling out. The green liquid landed on the floor, burning through it immediately.

"Still wanna drink that?" Robin asked, looking to Erica who responded by narrowing her eyes at the older girl.

Their attention was pulled away by Dustin's voice. "Holy Mother of God."

They all turned around to see a pathway that seemed to never end.

a/n:

Sorry this chapter is short! But official girlfriends 🥳. Also, Max and Y/n adopt Erica (canon 😦)

Sorry, I find myself funny for some reason.

Later! Thanks for reading!

632 words.