Chapter 1 Amanda

She wasn't happy that her company had sent her to the North Outland. Thank the goddess it was only for a month. She much preferred the city life in Midland, and as far as she knew (according to the many soaps she had watched ) outlanders tended to treat omegas differently. In the city omegas were just like any other breed, but in the Outland they were thought of as inferior, Alphas would take them as mates and make them subservient. They were a dynamic they would use for breeding, kept in their cabins, well away from others. It was prehistoric really. Not that she was over keen on Alphas anyway, they tended to think that just because they were physically larger and stronger, that their brains were bigger too. She knew this to be a lie because she knew many dumb Alphas, in fact she knew a few who had shit for brains and probably couldn't wipe their own arses. She had to admit not all Alphas were bad, but an awful lot of them, even in the city, weren't the brightest sparks.
As for the outlanders view on omegas, it was so archaic - take her for example, she proved size had nothing to do with brains: she was an omega, small in build, but she had soon made her way up through the ranks of this advertising company, and had many of the largest clients on her list. She may be small but she was mighty, able to go head to toe with the largest of Alphas, in the boardroom and the bedroom.
That's another thing she had heard about outlanders, they kept their omegas off the suppressants and made them go through their oestrus once a month. How could an omega get anything done, spending one week a month writhing in pain waiting for an alpha's dick? What were we in, the dark ages? 
She was certainly happy with her life the way it was.
Of course she was popular with alphas as all omegas were, omegas were relatively rare and were the only breeds that could take an alpha's knot and seeing as it was still her choice if she allowed that (which she didn't) she was really just like any other breed. The alphas she had slept with had always told her she was amazing in bed, they said that no one could take all their dick like she could, and because of their size, this maybe true. However, even if they wanted to claim her as a mate, they couldn't, it was law, unless she agreed, they couldn't just take her and she had no interest in having a mate. So she had choices just like anyone else.
She really hoped the clients she was meeting today were not so backward. They were a huge client, they were a delivery and travel company that covered the majority of the North Outland. The North Outland was vast, and most of the communities were small and impossible to get to except by plane. The terrain of the Outland was mountainous and the weather unpredictable, so companies like this were invaluable to its residents. They would deliver food and supplies to some of the most remote communities. This company "Delta Deliveries" was not only run by a close friend of her boss, who was a joint partner there, but was one of the largest companies of this type and wanted to expand to the South Outland too. The terrain of the South Outland was very different, flat and sandy, and the communities there had very different needs in some respect, but in many aspects they were the same. She had been sent to meet with their top people in order to create an advertising plan for the expansion. She had also been told by her boss that they may also need to advise what services they should offer to the South Outland, this was why it was such an extended stay. A whole month in this gloomy, cold, miserable place. In the summer they only had about four hours of darkness and in winter only four hours of light, who could live like that? Not fucking her thats for sure.
Her company had rented her and her team an office in the largest settlement in the North Outland, this place was as near to a city they had. Goddess it was awful. Everything looked like Midland about 70 years ago. Everywhere she looked was doom and gloom and a bit more gloom and some more doom, she really really hated it.

She had exactly an hour before she needed to be in work, so she finished her run and headed back to the hotel that she was calling home for the next month. She started the shower so that by the time she was undressed the hot water would be in, three minutes later, she walked in to what she hoped would be a steamy bathroom only to find no steam. Putting her hand under the spray she discovered it was luke warm. What the fuck, she fiddled with dial turning it this way and that, only to find it made zero difference. What the fucking hell type of hotel was this? She couldn't not have a shower, she was sweaty from her run and needed to be clean. Residing herself to a cold shower she jumped in and did what she had to as fast as she could.
This place was hell, no, worse than hell, at least hell was warm.
After showering she was running a little late so she decided to make her coffee to go and headed down to the street, she had told her driver to be there by 11 o'clock, but when she arrived on the street at 11.05 there was not a transport in sight. Typical. She called the driving service and they told her her driver was on the way. She had berated the man on line telling him she was on a tight schedule, and he assured her the driver would be there any second.
She hadn't worn a coat expecting to go straight from the hotel to the transport, but now she was stood on the street in her office clothes, clutching a coffee like it was life itself and as if it was her only means of heat. Ten minutes later her transport  decided to turn up and she climbed in. She confirmed with the driver the office address and sat in the back, silently seething. Twice the driver had tried to indulge in conversation, but she gave stilted replies. Her morning had gotten off to a bad start, she was a breed who liked to be punctual, each minute of her day mapped out. When it didn't run smoothly it affected her whole demeanour, and right now she was antsy to say the least.
She arrived at the offices with only 15 minutes to get sorted.
She would have preferred the half an hour she planned, but she could make this work. She didn't get to where she was today by getting flustered. She quickly pulled together what she needed and touched base with her team - Robertson, an alpha who was desperate for a promotion, was great at his job and who was always trying prove himself; Osbourne a beta who was excellent at producing out of the box ideas;  and Delaney an Alpha who was her personal assistant, he was brilliant at his job and often predicted her needs before she asked.
They had brought a larger team with them but only the four of them would be attending the first meeting, as they were running point.
She straightened her pencil skirt, (which she loved by the way, she only ever wore designer wear and this pencil skirt with a frill at the bottom was no exception). She wore a low cut blouse (also the height of Midland fashion ) and paired the outfit with 3 inch stilettos. She was small and she always felt high shoes like this gave her a little extra height.
She had been alerted that the Delta Deliveries team had arrived, and been shown into the board room.
She and her team made their way down the corridor. She opened the door for her team, then followed them in.
Her team were already making introductions to the Delta team that comprised of four breeds, three older breeds and one younger. As she came through the door and went to introduce herself,  to one of the older breeds, he stretched his body as if sitting had been uncomfortable, straightened his trouser belt and in an broad North Outlander accent said. "At last, can ya get us some coffee dumplin, make mine extra strong I think this is gonna be a longun ."
She saw her entire team freeze, she froze, they all fucking froze.
"Run along sweet heart." One of the other old breeds said. "We are about to start, and if ya ave any pastries to eat ya bring them too, missed breakfast this mornin so am starvin." He then turned to Robinson and said. "Fuck me lad, omegas so plentiful down there you have'em as secretaries, if she was ere and I caught wind of her I would ave her, barefoot, pregnant and stuffed with my cock before you could say boo."
The other old breeds chuckled, only the younger breed seemed uncomfortable at their antics. Bonus point for him, but minus points for the other three, they were sitting at about minus 100 right now.
She gave all her client points, she knew if the points were low she would be over prepared for a meeting, so that they could never catch her out. These clients however, what the ever loving fuck!
She saw Robinson open his mouth about to speak and held up her hand to stop him.
She looked at the old breed who had just spoken and said, " I am sorry I didn't catch your name, my name is Amanda Redford, I am the junior partner of Clearwater advertising." She turned to Delaney. " Mr Delaney could you please organise some coffee for our guests. Thank you." Her face a smile, and her tone calm and pleasant.
She looked at her clients, the three old breeds stood there in shock and the young breed had his hand over his face obviously dying of embarrassment.
"Why don't we all take a seat." She said, gesturing with her hand to the table. "Gentle breeds."
She made the deliberate move of taking the head of the table and waited for the others to sit down around her.
She was furious, she may be cool, calm and collected on the outside, but on the inside she was seething. She knew where she stood with these breeds and because of their mistake they were going to make her job 100 times harder to sooth their egos. Bring it on old breeds!
The younger breed was the first to speak, up until now she hadn't paid him much attention, but she would much rather converse with him than any of the bigoted old bastards in the room.
As he spoke she weighed him up, was he going to be as bad as the others? Were they all rude ignorant arse holes. Even if she had been the secretary, what on earth did they think gave them the right to say things like that about another breed. How fucking dare they!
The young breed did seem to be different, for a start he was politely spoken and looked her directly in the eyes, which the older breeds now didn't seem to be able to do, she wasn't fooled by this however, she knew they were just licking their wounds and would come back swinging.
As well as the young breed's pleasant polite tone Amanda had to admit he was hot, smoking hot and if this had been anywhere but here, and with any other company but this one, she wouldn't have been opposed to a little out of the board room antics, perhaps on her desk antics?
He was an alpha, so he was naturally tall and muscular, his skin was weather worn and tanned, was he tanned all over she wondered. His hair was dark and neatly trimmed just slightly longer than a buzz cut and his eyes were the most stunning green, they reminded her of a jade broach her grandmother had given her, they were beautiful, he was gorgeous, shame he was surrounded by fuck weasels.
He had been explaining what she already knew about their plans for expansion, and their need for advice on what services to offer.
One of the old breeds coughed garnering their attention. It was the old breed who was yet to speak.
"We need top recommendations on all accounts, now if you don't think you're up to this little lady then.."
She held up her hand in a halt sign, silently seething. She stood up and bent over the table, no doubt giving them all a good look down her blouse. "Now look Sir, again I am sorry I don't know your name, mainly because not one of you have taken the time to
introduce yourselves, despite me doing so. I am the junior partner of Clearwater advertising. I didn't get to this position by making coffees or bringing pastries, I got to this position because I am damn good at my job. Now I think you should leave, decide whether you can work with me giving me the respect I deserve, respect earned by my hard work. And if you decide you can't then please call my assistant Mr Delaney and let him know to pass on the message. However, if you do decide you can work with me then please still call Mr Delaney and rearrange this meeting. Good day to you"
With that she straightened her skirt and left.
Mother fuckers, little fucking lady? She had pulled the shirt move deliberately, it was a move she often pulled when dealing with difficult males in the board room. Males were usually so busy looking down her shirt that they didn't know what was happening until it had already happened.
Some breeds would call the move she just pulled risky, but she knew better, Delta Deliveries had already paid an astronomical amount to
Clearwater as retainer, a retainer they would loose if they pulled out of the deal. Leaving it like this meant it was entirely in their hands. If they cancelled it would be their choice and they would loose that money. She knew they were going no where. All they were doing, if they dragged their feet, was extending her and her teams time here, costing them more and more money.
She had no doubt in her mind she would hear back from them tomorrow, today even, if they had any sense.

The Outland's Alphas Part 1 जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें