𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 43 (𝔯𝔲𝔪𝔬𝔯𝔰)

Start from the beginning

before you realize, you were walking beside kusuo. "morning yan." you heard echo in your head. usually you would respond back to him with either an exasperated "hi.." as a way of showing you did not want to get up, or a cheerful, energetic "morning!". but this time, you smile a bit and nod. "is there something wrong?"  he says again, overlapping with the music in your headphones. you shake your head. "are you okay, at least?" you didn't respond at all with that question. then, you slowly shrugged. 

he stared at you with soft eyes, dilated pupils, but once he looked to the side, his eyes were put to flame. [what in the world happened to her? do i have to kill somebody?] he muttered a good grief under his breath and just walked with you in silence, occasionally looking at you. okay, not really occasionally. he looked at you the entire time.

but only until kuboyasu came.

"good morning yan, hi saiki!" aren says, his smile and wave reminding you of the buzzcut joke kusuo made the day before. oh hell no. you look around and nod. not even smiling. he stares at you for a little and frowns. 'what's wrong with her? did i do something wrong?' you and saiki hear simultaneously. you turn your head towards aren, and kusuo just side-eyes him. your lips still formed a straight line but you pitied him a little. how could you just switch emotions that fast?

your headphones on, you couldn't sense the roaring crowd around you. kusuo was just irritated by the amount of people that had, just now, realized your superior beauty. aren was pulled into the crowd, as the crowd had observed your lack of excitement towards him. kusuo on the other hand, stuck close to you.

"oh!"

"oh!"

"oh!"

all he could hear were the annoying repeats of each person that walked past. quickly, he grabs your hand and jolts out of the crowd, bumping into the most amazing duo: kaidou and nendou. how lucky. kusuo wasn't able to hear their thoughts because of the crowd around you, but your headphones had fallen down onto your shoulders and your eyes wide. confused, you just laugh a little and look around. "is teruhashi here or something?" you ask, looking around at everyone. "no." was all kusuo said before running straight into the open doors of the school. 

"WAAAAITTT!! YAAAN, SAIKI!!!" you could hear yell behind you, most obviously kaidou. "BUDDDIESSSSSS!!" nendou raced alongside kaidou, but easily beating the (now out of breath) young lad in terms of speed. finally, you have the comfort of silence. you had already changed your shoes and sat in a random empty classroom, kusuo sitting beside you. you were still early, it being 7:30. PK's first bell rings at 8AM anyways. 

you weren't out of breath for once, maybe your stamina had increased since one of the summer camps that you couldn't even remember anymore. you couldn't hear anything, as you weren't really focusing on someone's mind or anything like that. but kusuo? he heard strange rumors going around.

yan got pulled away by saiki?

what? no, you're kidding!

a nobody like him? with our princess?

wasn't he with teruhashi??

ew, two-timer.

two-timing with the two prettiest girls in the world?! hello?? how???

he has to be rich or something.

maybe the two girls are competing, huh?

so you're saying maybe saiki is dating teruhashi but yan is actually his side-chick?