𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 8 (𝔠𝔬𝔫𝔣𝔲𝔰𝔦𝔬𝔫)

"girl bud!"

i heard a familiar dummy run up to me. he was nice, just stupid. i thought of saiki, randomly. i've been thinking about him so much since that encounter a few days ago. i wonder when we're going to practice?

i nodded at nendo. "hey." i waved awkwardly. "do you want to get ramen with my other pals?" he said, his butt chin sticking out. "sorry i have pla-" i heard a voice in my head. go with us, we'll ditch them and go practice.

i heard saiki talking in my head. "oh yeah for sure!" i said, becoming a little excited. i mean, saiki is like me, well way more powerful but still! he's going to help me practice. 

well.. do i really want to practice? i mean, haven't i said i would never use it again? (for other purposes other then food, of course) i don't even know how to control it! will i really trust this odd guy?

stop doubting me.

i heard, repeating in my head a few times. stop hearing my thoughts. i want these to be private. i replied in my head, giving saiki an angry look. my eyebrows and nose scrunched, i watched as he put on a germanium ring. "what's that?" i asked, walking over and holding his shoulder.

"i can't hear your thoughts now. you're welcome." he said, pushing his glasses up and walking again. well, what i wanted to think about was why i was trusting saiki anyways. yeah, he helped me once but is that really enough? 

honestly, i think we have this strange connection. like i'm driven towards him. i can't help it. he's so charming for what? huh? don't think like that, he only thinks of you as a power source or whatever. 

i sighed, walking straight into the classroom, resting my head on my desk. i thought about what i could turn into, someone more powerful. i didn't want that. i didn't want to stand out at all. i don't want any of it. 

but i can't help but accept. anything he would ask, i would do it. but why? all this is so confusing. i look and stare at him, almost tearing up but not. i don't know, i could be overthinking. i should just do it. but i don't want to be forced into doing it.

well, should i? what are these feelings anyways? it's not important. i need to do it for him. i just don't know why. he hasn't even been in my life long enough. i couldn't even call him a friend. 

saiki waved his hand in front of my face with a confused expression and pointed to the board. the teacher was standing, saying my name for the third time. "l/n!" she said, a furious face close to blowing up.

"sorry, i'm here!" i said, raising my hand in embarrassment. shoot, this could cause attention. i know the only thing i want is to be unnoticeable. it's better keeping a low profile. being popular is just draining. 

enough, just listen to the teacher. the bell unexpectedly rang, causing me to jolt up and walk out to lunch. was i thinking for that long? it was only a bit.. 

the next classes were over and i was now walking with nendo, kaidou and saiki. i had one earbud in, playing New Person, Same Old Mistakes by Tame Impala, vibing until saiki grabbed my shoulder.

he suddenly took his ring off and said in my head; hey, it's time. did you forget? i shook my head and grabbed his hand. why was my heart pounding? my hands were shaky, almost sweating. we teleported to an empty deserted area.

"i practice here a lot." he says, grabbing a boulder into the air and smashing it to bits. "what do you need to create material?" he said, crossing his arms with a blank yet curious look. "i need a bit of ingredient of what i'm creating and as you know, the energy surrounding." i said, pulling my baggy sleeves up.

"ok." he said, teleporting a few objects into his hand. "we already know you can create edible materials, so let's try to make a brick." he said, handing some cement onto my hand. he pulled some energy, unleashing it to help me. 

my arm vibrated, forming a hard, heavy brick. was it a brick? well, i kept using the energy, gathering it into my hand to form the best brick i could create. 

i felt a slap to my head. well, more of an aggressive pat. i looked at saiki dumbfoundedly and he pointed at my hand. "a cupcake." i stared blanky, slowly frowning. 

i ran away and sat on the ground, not sobbing but better yet hiding myself from the blush i had. 

"it's okay, let's try again." he said, rubbing my back a little. it felt genuine, like he would really take care of me patiently. 

haha.

it's been 386 tries. i finally created a brick. it looks like leche flan (shoutout to my pinoys) but it's fine. a brick is a brick. "good job." saiki said, sarcasticly disappointed.

i tried one last time, using my head and thinking exactly of a brick. i was sweating at this point. my hands vibrated, blisters all over from the previous tries. the forms of the cement started to create a squared brick.

"oh, you actually did it." he said as i panted, a proud hefty smile on my face. he patted my back and he asked me to build a wall.

i nodded, taking more cement on my hand. i sighed, closing my eyes. this would take a lot of energy. i extracted energy from everywhere, slowly creating a new wall, about 12 feet high. the wall was forming brick by brick along a line until i choked and stopped. 

i breathed deep, looking at saiki for validation. my bronchi expanding and compressing. i rubbed my eyes, seeing saiki in front of me, nodding with a slight smile. "you're getting somewhere." he said, putting his hand on my shoulder proudly. 

"let's call this off for the day, you should be tired. i healed you, so go have the rest of your day. we might be doing this again sooner or later." he said, teleporting me to my house and saying his goodbyes.

oh and my ring is going back on now. go think what you want i guess.

i sighed with a smile and started thinking about him. i mentally screamed. why was i so flustered towards his slight actions of physical touch?! and he's so thoughtful, he knows that i don't want him to hear my thoughts??? ughhh i swear. i covered my face with a pillow.

..

GAHAHAHH SORRY i dont know how to create romance BUT YKKYKYK I HOPE U LIKEY AND 1122 WORDS!