Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands

Percy was having a dilemma, and it all started with Hestia.

The seven, Nico, and Reyna were leaving Olympus when it happened. They were all exhausted after sitting through a long, godly meeting about their war efforts, where they were standing right in the middle of a bunch of toddlers bickering senselessly. Hestia had caught up to them before they left, catching them right outside of Olympus.

If it was anyone else Percy would have been annoyed and ignored them, but it was Hestia, so he stayed put. She was in her nine-year-old form, looking up at the seven with innocent and genuine eyes.

"I'm sorry about that, Heroes. My family was never good at civil conversations." Hestia apologized, nodding at them all with a friendly smile. "But you all should be very proud of yourselves. The others don't want to admit it, but you saved us Gods. We should be indebted."

Percy smiled at her gratefully. The others were shocked at her genuine kindness, but Percy knew her.

"Thank you, Lady Hestia." Hestia turned to focus on him, a deep-rooted appreciation in her eyes.

"Just call me Hestia, young legacy." She said.

Percy blinked, confused at the nickname. He turned to look at his friends, and most of them didn't seem to understand either. Percy turned back to Hestia.

Or where she should have been, at least. All that was in her place was the slight smell of a bonfire and a home-cooked dinner.

"Legacy?" Leo asked, confused. Percy shrugged, and Leo shrugged back.

"You look like you know something," Jason told Annabeth.

Percy looked at Annabeth, seeing that Jason was right. Her eyes were wide and her jaw was dropped, gaze locked on Percy's face as if she was seeing him for the first time.

"Wise girl?" He asked nervously. She stayed silent with the same intense expression on her face, and Percy shifted self-consciously, reaching up to run a hand through his hair. That action only seemed to make it worse, as Annabeth seemed to go through a whole new series of emotions.

"Care to share with the class?" Frank asked.

"He's a legacy," Annabeth informed them.

Wow, that clears up absouletly nothing.

"That's what Hestia said, but... what does it mean?" Hazel asked.

AKA the polite way of asking what the Hades are you on about?

"A legacy is a person who stems from someone related to a God. So, like, their grandparent is a demigod or god, or someone else higher in the family tree." Annabeth paused to take in a shaky inhale, collecting her thoughts. "...So, Percy... Sally wouldn't happen to be a demigod, would she? Or one of your grandparents?" She finished, looking at Percy with a billion questions.

So he has more godly blood than just Posidon's in his veins??? Percy felt like he was four years old and couldn't swim, and someone just shoved him into the deep end of a pool without a life jacket. You know, without his Posiden powers.

"Umm...." He hesitated, "My mom was adopted when she was a baby, so..."

Annabeth huffed, an odd mix between annoyed and excited. She always loved puzzles, but not when they had anything to do with her boyfriend.

"Then figuring out your godly relative will be hard." She said.

"Uh," Leo said, "Hate to state the obvious, but why don't we just ask someone? If Hestia knew Percy was a legacy, then she has to know who he's the legacy of. The other gods probably know too."