𝐯𝐢𝐢. 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬

Start from the beginning

The promise that I had to protect his son, no matter what.

°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:

We spotted land after like an hour. A long stretch of fancy hotels, expensive boats and a coast guard passing our starboard side.

"That's Virginia Beach!" Annabeth said as we approached the shoreline. "Oh my gods, how did the Princess Andromeda travel so far overnight? That's like..."

"Five hundred and thirty nautical miles." Percy said.

"How the hell did you know that?" I remembered when I went to normal school I only passed one maths test... it was an open book test and I passed by 1%.

"I-I'm not sure."

Annabeth stared at him for a minute. "Percy, what's our position?"

"36 degrees, 44 minutes north, 76 degrees, 2 minutes west," he said immediately. "Whoa, how did I know that?"

"Because of your dad," Annabeth guessed. "When you're at sea, you have perfect bearings. That's so cool."

Percy didn't say anything but Tyson tapped him on the shoulder, "other boat is coming."

I looked over at the coast guard vessel definitely on our tail now. Its lights were flashing and it was gaining speed.

"We cant let them catch us," I said. "They'll ask too many questions."

"Keep going to Chesapeake Bay," Annabeth said. "I know a place to hide."

I looked at her and knew what she meant. I remembered all of the hideouts we had built with the others.

Percy loosened the thermos slightly more and we shot across the north tip of Virginia Beach, the coast guard long behind us.

Percy's eyes started to droop but Annabeth was still directing him where to go.

"There," she said. "Past that sandbar."

We went into a gross swampy area. There was vine covered trees around us.

"Come one," Annabeth said. "It's just down the bank."

"What is?" Percy asked.

"Just follow." She grabbed a duffel bag. "And we'd better cover the boat. We don't want to draw any attention."

We buried the lifeboat in branched and followed Annabeth along the shore.

Our feet sunk into the mud. A snake slithered past my foot and I screamed. I jumped back but Percy caught me, he put his hand over my mouth.

"Be quiet," he whispered at me angrily.

"Sorry, I just don't like snakes." I walked cautiously now, making sure no snakes came near me.

"Not a good place," Tyson said. He swatted mosquitos away from his arm.

After another few minutes, Annabeth said, "here."

"Uh, that's a bunch of tree roots," Percy pointed at the ground.

I closed my eyes and imagined the door was uncovered. When I opened my eyes I saw the opening to get inside.

In the bunker, it was big enough for four of us. Even with Tyson here. The walls were woven vines and tree roots. This was one of the hideouts I used my powers to build.

It was stacked with everything you could need, sleeping bags, blankets, ice chest, and a kerosene lamp. There was some demigod helpers as well like, bronze javelin tips, a quiver full of arrows, an extra sword, and a box filled with ambrosia.