It was one of those places that definitely did not draw any eyes. With a sign worn by years of  weather and in much need of many layers of paint, and booths so worn in the seats were as rough as sandpaper. The only people who ever frequented this place were regulars, which made it the perfect place for a group of witches and wizards who needed to keep a low profile to gather. The bar tenders did not ask questions, and the other costumers were usually so consumed by therir own hushed conversations and tanks of beer they did not care to even look or acknowledge them.

As they entered, Aveline immediately spotted Remus, sitting at the large corner booth with a glass infront of him, eyes on the muggle soccer match playing on the television infront of him. 

"Yuck, stop drooling," Sirius complained, as he looked over and saw Aveline's face. 

Aveline glared at the boy. "Am I not allowed to be happy to see my boyfriend?" 

"No. You saw him last night and by the way— we have yet to discuss how thin your walls are—"

He was cut off as they approached the table and Remus stood up, pulling Aveline in for a tight hug. 

Despite the fact Sirius was right, and the two love birds had just seen eachother last night, there was something about graduated life that made time seem like centuries between the two. They were so used to be attached at the hip all day at Hogwarts, that it was odd exisitng without being constantly in one anothers orbit. 

Remus spent most nights at Sirius and Aveline's apartment, so much so that Sirius often complained that the werewolf boy might as well start paying rent. 

"How was your day?" Remus greeted softly, kissing her on the forehead as he pulled her into the booth. 

"My day was great Remus!" Sirius answered, squishing into the booth himself. "Thank you so much for asking and for greeting me with the love and affection I deserve! How was your day?" 

Remus rolled his eyes, but nonetheless played along. "It was okay, work ended early which was nice." 

Remus had gotten a job at a muggle book store owned by one of Hope Lupin's old friends. Truthfully, Remus could not find a job in the wizarding world no matter how hard he tried, and Hope Lupin's old friend had just enough sympathy for the boy she hired him and chose to ignore his odd medical condition that would take him out monthly. She did not ask questions, and Remus was free inbetween costumers to browse through books and sip on coffee— in some ways it was the perfect job for him. 

The rest of their friends stumbled in slowly. Marlene and Dorcas laughing like maniacs, followed by Mary with her flushed cheeks and excited smile. Then of course, James and Lily hanging off eachother like the newly engaged couple they were.

"Wheres Pete?" Sirius asked, his eyebrows furrowed.

"Told me hes running late, had to do a few chores for his mom first. Something about taking the dog for a walk" James answered. 

"Huh," Sirius said, tapping his finger. 

"What?" 

"Thats crazy how can you know someone for seven years and not know they have a dog?" Sirius laughed, shaking his head. "I really need to pay more attention. Maybe I'll padfoot myself up and we can have a play date."

"Yuck Sirius," Marlene said, making a face. "You really are a freak you know that?" 

With  that the topic moved onto Lily's engagment ring as the girls ooed and awed over the pretty shiny stone. Despite the fact they saw Lily often, it did not stop them from looking at the ring everytime they were together, as if they were seeing it for the first time. Lily looked radiant, showing it off to her friends with a wide smile she couldn't possibly contain.