I'll die a happy man

Usually Aveline wasn't emotional when it came to stuff like this, but as she went to open her mouth to respond, tears came out with a mixture of laughter and cries. 

"Sorry," she laughed through the tears. "I just can't believe we're done."

Sirius gave her a look, titling his head in the way he usually did when he was seeing right through her.

"We're better off this way," he said softly, his eyebrows furrowing as he looked over the crowd. "We're free."

She looked around, eyes locking on one of the Parkinson girls are her mom loudly exclaimed her wizarding robes made her look fat. Beside them was Theodore Nott, standing coldly beside his Mother, not a word being exchanged between them.

Her hands moved to feel the curls in her hair, than the silk of her yellow tie— two things that would've been torn apart if any member of the Rosier family was here.

It still burnt a little bit, and she didn't understand why. She just always pictured this day with her parents, with her brother.

Her eyes moved to Remus, who had spotted Aveline and Sirius and was waving them over with a happy expression.

"AVE, SIRIUS OVER HERE!" James hollered over the crowd as he noticed.

She looked over at Sirius, with his wild long hair and ear piercings that would've gotten him beat till he bleed by his mother if she saw him, and his red and gold tie proudly placed on his chest.

She leaned her head on the boys shoulder, pulling him for one more hug.

"We're free," she repeated, and with that the two made their way over to the rest of their friends.

She couldn't help but smile, especially as they approached and Fleamont and Euphemia nearly pushed James out of the way to embrace the two purebloods in a tight hug.

"We are so proud of you both," Euphemia cried, as she placed a loving hand on each of their shoulders.

All Aveline could do was smile and nod, for she was certain if she tried too speak she'd burst out in tears.
The next person she wanted to see was Remus, who stood patiently behind the Potter parents waiting to see the blonde girl.

He had a giddy grin on his face, as if life couldn't get any better, proudly standing beside his father with all the love in the world.

"Hi," Remus greeted softly, and before the boy could register what was happening he was closing the distance between them and pulling her in for a kiss infront of everyone.

"What in the merlin of fu—" Fleamont started to exclaim but was stopped by Euphemia putting a hand over his mouth and dragging the man away.

Aveline didn't even hear the man, she was too focused on the fact Remus had just kissed her infront of everyone, and the way his hands felt so warm and secure around her waist.

They pulled away, Remus face flushed red as he noticed all their friends and family standing around watching them with various expressions.

"Er," Remus started awkwardly, turning to face his father. "I forgot to mention, Aveline is my girlfriend now."

"FINALLY!" Sirius yelled at the top of his lungs, breaking the tension. "FOR THE LOVE OF MERLIN FINALLY! Where's Minnie, she owes me five galleons!"