Chapter 27

The ground rumbled under my feet.

My breathing started to accelerate as the monstrous quake shook the hut.

I felt my heart in my throat. I think I'm going to puke.

This is it. It's really happening.

I turned around and grabbed onto Pan in a tight embrace. He immediately responded, wrapping his arms around my cold body and stroking my hair.

"Ssh, it's going to be okay Aria, it's going to be okay," he stated softly.

I tried to fight back tears as I thought of the endless and horrible possibilities that could happen.

I back up from Pan, "Pan, I don't think it's worth risking all of Neverland and the lost boys."

"Aria!" Pan's booming voice echoed through out the hut, "We've been over this so much. I-I can't let you go this easy."

I reached up and grabbed Pan's face, placing my lips gently on his. He reacted by leaning down and deepening the kiss. I let go and took a step back, looking into his captivating green eyes.

It made me sick to think that this might be our last moment together.

"Am I really worth risking everyone's lives?" I whispered to him. I let myself cry a little when the thought that some of my greatest friends and lost boys would have to die because of me.

He choked out, "To me you are."

"Pan! Pan! Pan!" We hear the boys yelling from outside. Pan and I automatically turn to each other, worry sketched on our faces.

I grab my large jacket from the bed and wrap myself in it, trying to warm myself. Pan and I make our way outside to see what the fuss was about with the boys. In the middle of our clearing, starts a small black hole.

"You weren't kidding when you said black hole." I stand with my eyes wide, completely shocked.

"No, I was not." Pan states breathlessly. The boys stand far, far away from the ever-so-slightly growing hole, absolutely petrified.

"What do we do?" I whisper to Pan.

"I. Don't. Know. " Pan looks mortified. Though, I know he does. Once I leave, everything can go back to normal. Once I leave, life can be lived again. Once I leave, Neverland will be okay.

But where do I leave to?

"Alright boys!" Pan screams from the tops of his lungs. "It's time to figure out what we can do. "

"Pan there's nothing you can do, we both know what needs to happen, and it's not pretty. " I cry out.

"No, Aria, just no. " Pan says rudely and menacingly.

"Pan, she's right. We both know what happened with Alex and we both know what has to happen again." John speaks up and Pan glares at him. "I don't want it to happen either, but there's no loophole. No way out. Just this. And who knows," John pauses and looks at the slowly growing black hole. "Maybe there's something better on the other side."

Pan looks to the ground, not facing the fact that we have no other options.

"Pan, this is it. Let's not spend these last few moments arguing about this." I pull his face towards me. We stand there, looking each other in the eyes before he nods slowly.

I let him go and make my way to the boys to say my goodbyes. The first one to hug me is Brayden, but before he can even embrace me, I begin crying.

"Aria, it's okay. You'll be okay." Brayden whispers into my ear. Once I pull away from him, I continue with my small goodbyes from everyone else. Once I get to John, my heart begins to shatter.

"Aria, I will miss you, but I believe you're going to find a way. A way to get back here; to get back to us. Can you tell me you will?" John looks sad and his eyes fill with tears.

"I promise." He smiles and we hug for a long a time. I finish speaking with the boys before turning to him.

Pan. He's standing, just watching us all. I slowly make my way to him while he begins shaking his head.

"This is happening. " Is all he can say, very dully. I place one hand on his cheek as more tears make their way out of my eyes.

"It is." I bury my head in Pan's chest, taking in his amazing scent for what might be the last time.

"Aria, I love you so much." Pan cries out, stroking my head.

"I love you more than you could imagine. " I choke and pull away from him a bit to look him in the eyes. "And I promise you, I will find a way back. I will find a way back for you. "

"Don't leave me, Aria, don't. Leave. Me." Pan pushes slowly. "I will never get over this, over you. Aria, I will die, without you."

"And if you do, I will find a way to bring you back to life and kill you again. " We both chuckle even though we want to do nothing more than cry until we have nothing left. We already have nothing left. "I will never forget about you, Pan. You will always be my true love." I kiss him passionately before removing myself from his arms completely. I walk backwards away from him as he cries and cries in pain.

"Don't forget about me."

I take a final step back and fall into a deep dark hole.

Tick.