Chapter Thirty-Nine

Start from the beginning

"Oh." Was all I said.

It was silent over the line for a moment before she asked me another question.

"I'm taking you haven't seen him yet." She stated.

"I don't think its the right time to be popping out of the blue." I replied.

"I suppose." She said with a light sigh.

"Whatever I'm still not sure yet, so I need more time." I said getting back to the point.

She clucked her tongue. "Misty." She said seriously.

I noticed the sudden change in her tone and noticed she was speaking in her: This is business voice. I managed to sit up a bit in bed, squinting at the rising sun gleaming into the thin, sheer bedroom curtains.

"What?" I asked her.

"This is not a game...that song you produced with Larz is out as of last night and has been blowing up since, people are going to start noticing your voice...then the letters and offers start coming, they're going to want to sign you to their labels and none of them will stop until they get you...if you sign with me we can avoid all of these problems." She said.

I was silent on the phone for a moment. Was this really going to happen if I didn't think quick? And even if I said no, eventually I'd be running from other record labels trying to get me. I groaned. Why couldn't I just have a normal life? When things like your mother forcing you to become a celebrity didn't happen.

"I have an idea that I think can make your mind up nice and quick." She proposed.

"Oh really?" I asked her.

"Yes, Lazaro your oh so good friend is on a mini-bitty tour to promote his future tour when his album releases, he's in Miami right now, why don't you surprise him and perform the song with him on stage...I have a car and plane waiting for you right now as we speak...so make it snappy." She said pressing me with her voice.

My mind blanked for a moment.

Perform?

On stage?

With Larz?

Perform on stage with Larz? Was this real life? Was my mother crazy? Was I crazy for actually getting excited about that? My heart was literally pounding out my chest, waking up my drained out body and pumping in some fresh and revitalizing adrenaline into my system. This time I sat up in bed and threw the sheets off myself.

"Right now?" I asked her.

"Yes." She replied.

"Why are you doing this?" I asked her suddenly.

Silence on the other line and I waited for her to speak.

"Because I know talent when I see it." And without another word she excused herself and hung up. I tossed my phone to the side and got up out of my bed and stretched. I silently walked over to the window and pushed back the curtains to see a fancy looking Mercedes Benz out and waiting for me at the front door.

Wait a minute. How did she know where I lived?

Shady.

I discarded the thought of my mother spying on me and quickly headed into the bathroom. I took a quick shower, brushed my teeth and such. I looked through my closet of clothes and picked something classy but not out there. I managed to find a white, lace, floral crop top, I found some cute plain white skinny jeans, on my feet I threw on some Christian Louboutin multicolor spiked leather pumps. I quickly put diamond studs into my ears. On my lips I put on some red lipstick and put my hair into a clean slick bun.