Chapter Nineteen

-Misty's P.O.V-

I couldn't even believe it was February already. And to make matters worst it was Valentine's Day. I wasn't a hater and all but call me a bit stingy for not having anyone to spend it with. School was done and I had no work today so what was I going to do?

Ever since the new Zeta girls moved in, it was a lot more nosier and upbeat. I hated it and loved it at the same time. Loved it because we were all now sisters, but hated it because they were noisy. But even right now it was quiet because everyone was out on Valentine's day. On my bed I laid solemnly with a cup of hot tea on the night stand beside me cooling off. I laid down with nothing more than a cloudy mind and the television chattering faintly in the background.

I got caught up in my mind a lot these days whether it be in my class or at work. I'd just see myself zoning out and thinking about things that weren't even relevant to the situation like....Jayden. Which is why I still did it right now even as Tess knocked on the door it was until she came up to my face did I notice she was speaking to me.

"Mist." She called out.

My eyes shifted to the sound of her voice.

"Huh?"

She frowned when she noticed I was dazed.

"I said, are you going to fine alone?" She asked me. I sat up on my bed and looked at Tess. She was wearing makeup and looked really done up from slinky blue dress she was wearing to silver pumps on her feet. She looked terrific.

"Where are you going?" I whined.

Chrishell went out with Ron, Alex was no where to be found and now Tess. She was the only person I had left. I suddenly felt really dramatic right now, why should I rain on everyone's fun for being single and all.

"Out with Chase." She replied.

She looked at my pitied face and smiled.

"You can come with us." She suggested.

I made a face. I wasn't going to be a third wheel on a date. Just the thought of it made me want to burst into tears.

"It's all good, Tess I don't want to spoil your night." I said.

She petted my hair. "Are you going out with Jayden tonight?" She asked.

I didn't even know where he was right now because he wasn't answering his phone. But even if he did I honestly don't think I had a chance with him. Especially when he dumped Jenna not too long ago. Wasn't that considered the rebound chick zone or something?

Why was I even thinking about this anyway?

Yeah Jayden and I kissed a couple of times, but did it really mean anything?

Tess watched my face do a series of turns before she finally spoke.

"Are you sure you're going to be fine?" She asked me.

I looked into my friend's clear blue eyes and smiled.

"You go have fun I'll be fine."
-
About an hour and a half later. I was in my pajamas cuddling a bowl of popcorn, watching nightmare on Elm street. I don't know why I decided watching a horror movie around this time was going to make me forget about anything but it sure did ease up the mood for me, it made me focus on something else for the time being.

I popped a popcorn into my mouth and chewed slowly.

There he is you idiot! Don't go back!! My thoughts screamed.

I watched this movie a thousand times and my reaction always remained the same. Confused and cursing at the characters for being stupid. I mean their common sense was getting so bad I began cheering for Freddy to get them. I guess I got a little "too" focused on the movie but it was fine.
I heard a knock on my door soon as I Freddy captured a girl from running around in circles. I shook my head as I headed for the door.