【0002】

आए मंन कारदा आए ठगी थोरियाआए मंन कारदा आए सीना ज़ोरियाँआईने सिख लाइयाँ दिल दियाँ छोरियाँआए मॅन दियाँ ने कमज़ोरियाँ

आए मंन कारदा आए सीना ज़ोरियाँ
आईने सिख लाइयाँ दिल दियाँ छोरियाँ
आए मॅन दियाँ ने कमज़ोरियाँ

Author's POV

One year! One year of plain ignorance, empty attempts to reach someone's heart, and pleasing the eyes with his view only to console yourself that he married you for a reason seemed like a lie all of a sudden. From little heartwarming touches to reserved words that were the need of the hour now felt real after reading the words written on those sheets. The foundation of their marriage stood null and void in front of her. No! The contract wasn't terminated. No! The divorce procedure wasn't ceased. No! There were no love confessions.

There was hope.

There was confusion between lies and truth.

There were proofs of his benevolent devotion.

But she couldn't understand the reasons. She sat on the bed with a sigh as the words roamed in front of her eyes, clearly stating that the business venture that formed the basis of their marriage was terminated six months back. Ishaan Malhotra and Agastya Kapoor were now partners in a completely new project that did not concern their marriage at all. The second legal form included an attested agreement stating that the marriage of Vanya, Ishaan's cousin, and Agastya, her brother, would not impact their relationship. In the future, if Vanya and Agastya decide to part ways, Ishaan promises to neither mistreat his Sanvi nor divorce her. What shocked her more was that he promised in legally binding terms that, upon one complaint from Sanvi regarding his behavior after Vanya's divorce, he would unquestionably transfer 50% of his holdings to her name. This clearly meant that the root cause of their alliance had been yanked away long back while she cluelessly let herself be tortured in the flames of those reasons.

6 months. For the last six months, he has been living in this marriage. For what? There was no damn explanation. This meant that even if this deal was the ignition of their union, it wasn't the fuel that kept their relationship running. He was with her for no motive, no selfish desire, and not even for the security of his investment. Why the hell did his brother never tell her all this? She wondered, confused. She immediately dialed her brother, seeking the answers she wanted.

"Why did you never tell me?" she asked as soon as he picked up the call.

She heard a long sigh from the other end.

"It doesn't matter, savi" he responded.

"It does to me, Bhai. He has been bearing the weight of this relationship for the past 6 months and getting nothing in return. Why did you never tell me?" she asked as tears slowly gathered in her eyes.

"In the last year, you have come home only once, bacha. It feels like ages since I have seen you. You demanded for one year. We gave you. Nothing changed. Now keep your word and after one month get back home. Your family is waiting for their princess to get back home. You would have given yourself false hopes if I had disclosed his moves to you. I don't want to hurt you" he elaborated.