04

ना जिया ज़िन्दगी एक पल भी 

 तुझसे होके जुदा सुन ज़रा 

 बिन तेरे मुझसे नाराज़ था दिल 

 तू मिला है तो कह रहा 

 मैं तो तेरे रंग में रंग चूका हूँ 

 बस तेरा बन चूका हूँ 

   मेरा मुझमें कुछ नहीं सब तेरा

Author's POV

"Your one and only" he winked at her, tightening his hold on her.

"Are you really him?" she asked, shocked at this newfound information.

"If you don't want me to talk about your embarrassing deed of singing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star on stage and dedicating the effort to me then shut up and believe that I am your door prince" he teased while she laughed and said, "I did wonder back then what you are."

He chuckled at her because he knew she wasn't even a bit embarrassed about it. Girls dedicated the cheesiest of songs to their boyfriends on stage at the masquerade party while she sang the rhyme looking for him in the crowd.

"I still can't believe you came" she whispered looking into his eyes. She thought whatever it was, was over between them when they parted not knowing his every vow to her mattered more than life to him.

"I bet you thought I wouldn't" he smirked.

"People don't generally keep their promises when it comes to me," she said as if stating a fact. Her father had promised never to leave her side but destiny did snatch him away. He left her alone. Her mother promised to give her the love of both her parents but she didn't know when they grew so apart that she now missed her mother as well. The cousin she shared her childhood with suddenly wanted to be in her place. After all this, she didn't trust a man she fell for without even seeing his face to keep the promise of making her his.

"They don't love you the way I do," he said, kissing her forehead, making a soft smile grace her lips.

"We were strangers back then," she said, knowing they were anything but strangers. Strangers are people who don't know each other but they read each other despite the partition of wood separating them. None of them tried crossing it. They didn't see their bond, they felt it.

"Says the girl who bunked lectures to bake me an all-the-best cake when she didn't even know how to plug the oven. Very strangerly thing," he taunted, hearing her lame comment.