Meeting someone Special

Beginne am Anfang

'you are far from home, underwater, young prince' said the seagull, seemingly surprised that he was out there, unprotected. 'it's dangerous, being here, as a Lemurian'.

'What do you mean?' Rafayel whispered, voice scratchy from the disuse of its use above water. 'How do you know me?'

The seagull screamed, surprised.

'Every being knows of your existence, your prince' he told, his eyes looking attentively at Rafayel. 'As you are dear to every one of us, forever'

Rafayel considered its words and wanted to ask, why could he understand what it said. Other Lemurians couldn't, so it was quite an incredible feat.

'Ask your King, as he has the answers' it replied. 'And be careful during your wanderings, swim home at sunrise, as they will find you and you are not ready, yet, for a Human encounter'

After that, the seagull kept quiet but observed Rafayel and its surroundings, hopefully, trying to see any danger approaching.

Rafayel dismissed it, mesmerized by many, many Humans, walking around the port, talking with that rough voice of theirs, hideous and barbarous sounding. His eyes, shining pinkish under the moon, could see quite well.

They were bringing a lot of seafood from the ships, mounting some stalls similar to Lemurian markets, bringing the fish and putting them on top of the ice, talking by themselves, laughing, and being so, so Human.

Rafayel, then, lost on its observations, saw a shadow trying to be hidden under the shadows, trying to evade Human contact and advancing towards some hidden rock beach under the port.
It was a small Human, dressed in drags, walking silently whilst evading the slippery rocks, reaching the part where waves danced when reaching Earth. Rafayel, descended the rock he had been on top of, swimming across the sea, trying to be hidden.

The Human was a Child, like himself. She had caramel hair and brown eyes, drags couldn't hide the clothes she wore under, a purple dress, seemingly fit for a noble person. She was beautiful, even for a Human. Her skin was warm in color, pinkish in the cheeks, as she sat down on the beach sand, looking at the moon being reflected into the sea.

She seemed lost and lonely.

Rafayel, in his curiosity, swam closer.

The girl's eyes followed the sound of his movements above water, and their eyes met. Cerulean met chocolate brown and time seemed to stop. The girl brought her hand into her mouth, trying to stop a sound from happening and Rafayel wondered about leaving her there or approaching her. His curiosity won as she didn't seem to want to make any kind of dangerous movement, just watching him slowly, eyes half closed.

Rafayel approached her but stayed where he could leave fast, waiting for her to Speak first.

The silence was almost palpable. He suddenly felt naked under her scrutiny, even though the water hid most of his body whilst he could see every part of her.

She was even more cute, still a child. Her hair was braided and gold could be seen in her arms, ears, and ankles. She approached his hidden spot, speechless.

'Why are you here?' She asked, voice small. 'Are you crazy?' She spooked trying to reach him, her feet entering the soft waves reaching the beach.

He looked at her. Her voice didn't sound hideous like the others, but girly, soft, and comforting.

'Crazy?' He asked, voice rough.

She breathed in and marveled.

'Your voice is so beautiful' She said, smiling. 'They say that Lemurian voices can make us dove underwater, to kill us and eat us alive... but you don't seem as dangerous as my dad and the elders say'

The waters reached her ankles as she approached. She talked so much and Rafayel's brain was not used to understanding and having a conversation with anyone.

'I don't want to kill you' He answered, voice soft.

She smiled.

'I don't want to kill you either, nor capture you, to be honest.' Her voice was still soft, to not be spotted. 'Why are you here?' She asked.

Rafayel shrugged half hidden.

'I wanted to explore outside, as I've never been outside my Tower' He explained. 'I swam until I reached this town, and then I saw you were trying to get lost in darkness, so I followed, as I did not want to lose sight of you'

The girl blushed.

'Oh,' She opened her mouth. 'I also escaped my house, as my dad doesn't let me go out...' She paused. 'We are quite similar, it seems'

Rafayel looked at her feet, so different from the lower part of his body, marveling at the gold adorning her ankles. He approached his hand, trying to touch it, and was surprised that she didn't try to move, she stood quietly, watching his moves.

'This is used to keep me inside of the room' She explained. 'My dad doesn't let me out, as I told you'

'How did you escape, then?'

'I stole the keys from my maid' She explained, softly, reaching for Rafayel's hand.

His skin was so, so beautiful, shining under the moonlight like a diamond. Rafayel also couldn't stop looking at her, marveling at his first human encounter.

'I also escaped by some kind of miracle' He replied, softly.

She smiled, closing her hand into his hand.

'Miracle is to have met you, then...' Her eyes searched his cerulean pinkish ones, curiously. 'What is your name?' She asked.

Never give your name to a stranger, as it has power and they can use it to call you even when you don't want you. His mom's words appeared from nowhere, warning. But, he did want to be called again by this girl, strangely so. So he said.

'Rafayel' Slowly, trying to explain every sound, to make it easy for her to understand, but not with perfect intonation so she could wrongly use it. Only a Lemurian name being pronounced perfectly could be wrongly used for summons.

She smiled. Gave her other hand to Rafayel, in a kind of strange Human greeting. 'Enoria, nice to meet you Rafayél'

As he thought, her voice couldn't reproduce perfectly his name, so he was satisfied with it. He closed her hand, smiling. 'Likewise, Enoria'

Above, the Moon shined, seemingly watching over them, sad but still.