"You must be Arabella" The woman speaks, rushing for me and my sister, her arms wide for an embrace. I want to flinch away...in fact, I want to run away but I know that it'll hurt my mom. Instead, I simply smile and accept her hug, letting go of Emmy's hand for no more than five seconds. "You're so beautiful" She tells me as she holds me at arms length.

I want to raise an eyebrow and tell her not all of us need compliments of sympathy but what good would that do anyone? These people are atleast trying to make us feel welcome. My head lifts to the rest of the line who watch on happily, theres a few girls and a few guys all split, girls on one side, guys on another. Maybe this pack isn't so different from my other one.

"Welcome Arabella" The man who I'm guessing is this packs alpha greets me kindly. I smile at him, hugging him gently although I hesitate this time. This man reminds me of my father, his smile, his body build and his smell. It's the typical werewolf smell.

I decide to speak back, feeling rude at not saying a word so far "Thankyou for having us" I say and I mean it. Having no where to call home isn't the most comforting situation, but then again niether is being taken in on a vote of sympathy. Things may be different if they would of just helped...I know my father reached out to them.

They denied him....They denied us.

The woman joins his side, his arm wrapping around her "We hope you feel welcome here, you were once seen as family to us and this pack and you still are. Whatever happened is in the past and you are safe now." He says "I'm Jeff, this is Rochelle the Alpha and Luna of Dark Forest pack. My son and Daughter stand behind me, Benjamin and Maya with the future beta and third in command who you will meet sooner or later. For now, get settled in and we hope you can attend the pack bonfire tonight at the pack house to welcome you to our pack"

I don't need a poxy bonfire to welcome me...I don't even want to be welcomed. All of this is too much especially for a girl who has nothing werewolf related inside her...not a wolf, not even a wolf subconsious. I hear a slight growl from the line and my head lifts, tilting slightly at the person I connect eyes with. His sandy blonde hair is short, but messy and his body build is bigger than any I've seen before. This is Benjamin I'm guessing, only Alpha's are his size. His blue eyes are piercing mine and I feel exposed under his glare.

I don't want to be here anymore than he wants me to, I can feel the cold reception he's giving me and the worst thing is the fact that I can't do anything to even motivate myself to want to please him. I never asked to be here, my mother did, or did my father before he died?

It's times like this I wish I could read minds and know just what the man thinks about me, what Benjamin thinks about me. I doubt I'm his favourite person right now-no Alpha's son likes change in a pack they're about to take over. Well, he can hop on my train, the next train that gets me the hell out of this place.

"Would everyone like to come inside?" My mom asks, making her way to the front door. Emmy is a statue at my side, observing what's going on. The scent around us is like the one at our other pack, it's of wolves, a typical dog smell but this one has a hint of vanilla.

Wolves and witches aren't supposed to mix, we aren't supposed to like eachother which surprises me when it comes to my mom and dad being mates. I watch as everyone walks into my new house, the newly, already furbished house with my bedroom and clothes already in my room waiting, any girl would be excited. How can I be when it's all new? the only item of clothing that Isn't new is the one's I am wearing, the ones from the witches world where I stayed for two days and no longer. My mom couldn't stand it for much longer, it's a life she left behind to be a Luna, it's the life that she promised the pack that she would put second best.

The Luna WitchOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara