𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

Hamin stared at the top of the tent while laying down on her portable bed. She couldn't sleep. Her mind was occupied with Taeman's confession. A few hours ago, her bestfriend, who she only ever think of him as her sibling, confessed to her. In her previous lives, this confession never happened, not even once.

What led to him to confess to me?

Hamin sighed softly as to not disturb the others who were currently sleeping.

But, she was glad. Glad that Taeman was still acting as his usual self. A few hours ago before the girls return back to their tent, they were getting to know Platoon Leader Lee by asking questions and so on and Taeman was hugging her from the back while putting his chin on top of her head, just like usual. Really, she was glad that things weren't awkward between both of them.

She sighed for the nth time.

I'm sorry, Taeman-ah. Until everything is fine again, I don't have the time to be in a romantic relationship with anyone or to have a commitment other than making sure all of us can survive till the end. I'll give you my answer when we survive this.

The next morning.

The kids were lining up behind two military trucks with two lines each trucks.

"Squad One, marksman Jo Jangsoo. Assistant marksman Kook Youngsoo."

"Squad Two, marksman Kim Yoojung. Assistant marksman Wang Taeman, assist* Chae Hamin."

Soyoon and Junhee grumbled after Platoon Leader Lee said Taeman's name. Taeman himself was even surprised that he's the assistant marksman for Squad Two. Meanwhile, Hamin sighed softly in relief.

Thankfully Taeman's out of nowhere confession last night didn't caused a butterfly effect.

Chiyeol who was in front of Hamin looked at her with an expression saying 'are you okay?' which Hamin just nodded her head.

Meanwhile, Taeman who was at the very front of one of the Squad Two's lines smiled in glee.

'I'm in the same squad with Hamin!'

Platoon Leader Lee continued, "Search team, Jo Youngshin, Kwon Ilha."

"Sniper Lee Nara, spotter Do Soocheol."

"When we arrive at our destination, the raiding party will put the guard up. The two people in the search party will take the lead and request troops."

"Yes, sir!" The kids shouted in unison.

Platoon Leader Lee and Kim Wonbin nodded at each other before giving a device to Yoojung and Jangsoo.

Platoon Leader Lee returned back to his previous position and lifted the device, "This is a sphere detector."

Cue the series of curios whispers.

"Does it detect spheres?"

Taeman whispered to Yoojung. Soyoon slapped Taeman's arm in annoyance.

"Yah, he just said it's a sphere detector. Why do you think it's called that?"

"Is it a prototype?"

"What is that?"

Heerak asked in curiosity.

"Something that hasn't been fully developed yet."

Hamin nodded her head slightly at Youngshin's answer to Heerak's question.

"You're right. It isn't perfect yet. So, don't rely on it too much." Warned Kim Wonbin.

"What's it radius?"