"Where's the body then? What if Chavez was making it all up?" Jeff slams his fist on the table making my heart race.

"Come on Jeffrey, as much as I wanted to, I want my daughter alive." I sigh, placing my elbow on the table, I cover my face with my hand. 

"Then let me open Therese's case again."

"No." I slowly shook my head. 

"And if she really lived? Would you leave her with the thought that her mother gave up on her?"

"For now, I want you to research someone, find me every bit of information about her, I want no questions asked even if it's unreasonable, here, Lauren's daughter." I handed him a photo of the maiden and he glared at me.

"Will she be at the celebration tonight?" Earning a nod from me I receive the silence.

"I don't want things to turn out the way it did before Jeff, I don't want to keep hoping for nothing." Without waiting for anything, I grabbed my bag and slammed the door shut behind me. 

~~~

"There you are! You're glowing today, I love that."

A voice came from the crowd as I stood in a gown that was the darkest shade of red and a seven-inch heel. Soon I felt a hand grip my elbow and a beaming Anne Hathaway was in front of me.

"Didn't know you still existed," I commented, eyes fluttering at her sudden appearance.

"Don't be dramatic sweetheart, I got busy." She then ushered the both of us towards a seat.

For a little background, Anne is my best friend, "So, how's life? Nice party by the way." The brunette asked, and I thought for a moment, eyes trailing to the ceiling. "Well..." I start.

"Also, do you realize you start most of your sentences with 'Well', yeah go on." Anne smiles teasingly. 

This time, I made sure to emphasize, "WELL, tonight you might see someone you wouldn't even guess, not in a million years." 

Anne's eyes widened and she clapped a hand to her mouth, I chuckled and watched how she vigorously danced in her seat. 

Fanning herself with her hand she retracts from her neutral self, "I never thought this day would come, after all these years-" 

"What are you thinking Hathaway?" Crossing my arms, I glared at her and she smacked her lips. "You finally have a boyfriend, Jolie."

"No, no, no. You know how impossible that is." Suddenly, Jeffrey passed by and I went silent. When my eyes trailed back to Anne smirking wildly, "Stop that." I whispered, rolling my eyes, and I nudged her with my elbow.

"Does that guy really not have a chance with you? Cause you know, he has a fat crush on you and you're ignoring every sign that he's ever given and besides, he's not bad himself." She shrugs. 

"No, now please leave my love life alone, thank you." Squeezing her hand tightly, I put up a fake smile which immediately dropped.

"Gosh, you can't be that bitter, so really who is this someone?" Her brown eyes gleamed whilst talking. "Try and guess again, this time somewhat possible."

Her eyebrows scrunched, and mumbled, "Let's see, You can't have possibly met a person who's rather too significant in your life looking too much like them can you?" 

"Bingo." I grinned, spotting a familiar face from the people who just made their way through the entrance.

"What?" Anne looked up to see me gliding towards the entrance, ready to welcome the guest I'd been meaning to see since this morning.