Conflicted, 3.1

The quartet of Ivie, Reid, Morgan and Rossi pulled up to the Hudson Street Hotel in a standard FBI-issued SUV

The quartet of Ivie, Reid, Morgan and Rossi pulled up to the Hudson Street Hotel in a standard FBI-issued SUV. The team knew they had to work quickly, if the UnSub's pattern held true, there would be another murder that night. Swiftly, once gathering immediately needed belongings, they left the car and entered the building.

"You must be the FBI." A lady said, catching them all slightly off guard.

She seemed to be wearing a uniform, a large badge above the pocket on her blue and white patterned blouse let them know that her name was Julie.

"David Rossi, These are agents Morgan, Evans and Reid." The eldest said, reaching out his hand.

Going around she shook hands with each of them, except Reid, as she introduced herself, "Julie Riley. I'm the manager."

"You were on duty when the latest body was discovered?" Morgan asked, the time crunch was still heavy in the team's minds.

"That's right."

"Did you happen to notice anyone out of the ordinary?" Reid then questioned.

"I'm afraid not. You see so many faces during the spring break season, they all start to blur."

"We need to interview your staff as soon as we can." Ivie spoke next, "We also need to speak to the guests."

Julie nodded before she spoke, "Of course."

Rossi held his hands in front of him, signalling to the manager that she should lead the way to the rest of the staff. The lobby wasn't overly large but not so small it was cramped, you could see how something on one side of the room could be easily missed if there were a few people in the way. Large palm plants in decorative pots gave off a tropical vibe. Woven chairs filled with people having conversations were scattered around, despite people having been murdered in the hotel, there still seemed to be a lot of guest activity. It wasn't too unsurprising considering what Morgan mentioned on the plane and college students are known for being stingy.

Still looking around the room, Ivie noticed something. On one of the central pillars in the room, there sat security cameras, she realised Morgan had seen them too as he started to ask another question to Julie the manager.

"How many cameras do you have on the property?"

"Not enough. We have all the main entrances and garage covered, but the hallways and service tunnels aren't equipped."

The team stopped as they came to the reception desk.

"Can you show us the room where the last body was found?" Rossi asked.

***

After finding the correct room and donning their baby blue crime scene gloves, the four entered the room, with Julie timidly following behind.