Conflicted, 3.0

tw // rape

tw // rape

A loud knocking woke Ivie up. After sort of running away from the team's jet after feeling embarrassed by falling asleep on Reid's shoulder, she tossed and turned for hours before finally getting back to sleep, so this was a rude awakening.

"Give me one second!" She yelled at the door.

Hoping whoever was behind it would wait long enough for her to flatten her hair and shove a hoodie over her pj's, mostly covering her quite short shorts. Running over to open it she was surprised to see Reid standing behind it.

"JJ said you weren't answering your phone and you live the closest so I came to get you, we have a new case. Uh..."

She quickly realised that firstly she was so involved in her brain yesterday that she didn't charge her phone and that, secondly, short pyjama shorts are okay clothes to answer the door to collect a package but maybe not as the first 'casual' clothes your coworker sees you in.

"Umm, sorry I think my phone's dead," Ivie could feel her cheeks heating up in embarrassment, "wait in the living room, I'll get changed and grab my stuff quickly."

And she ran, mildly forgetting that her shorts didn't fully cover her, and closed the bedroom door.

***

A few loud noises and minutes later Ivie reappeared. She wore a pair of brown flares with large pockets, a matching cropped blazer and a black tank top underneath. A black belt with a gold buckle emphasised the contrast between her hips and waist, the gold repeated with a delicate chain around her neck and small hoops hung from her ears. Her auburn hair flowed with slight waves down just past her shoulders, small sections framed her face where she wore light makeup, mainly just to look more alive. There was also a gun attached to her belt so she looked somewhat threatening. Picking up a duffle bag and throwing it over her shoulder she moved closer to Reid on the sofa.

"Hey, you ready genius?"

To say Reid was unaffected would be a lie. Slowly he nodded his head, still looking at her, before snapping out of it and jumping to his feet.

"Yep, If I drive you can look over the case files before we get there?" He offered.

"Oh yeah, that would be helpful. Thanks for the offer, Spence."

Smiling, the pair swiftly made their way to Reid's car. Placing her bag on the backseat she opened her file and started to read as he drove.

***

At the round table, as Ivie called it, the rest of the team was already sitting. Minus Garcia who was busy doing background data research on the victims to give everyone a headstart. This meant that JJ was presenting, it was a little weird but she had been told by Emily that JJ used to be a media liaison and present all the cases before she too became a profiler.