X, 1.1

Stepping into the conference room she saw flashes of recognition run across all of the team member's faces

Stepping into the conference room she saw flashes of recognition run across all of the team member's faces. It was a little surreal to see everyone, not in picture form on a little desk, moving and breathing. Panicking slightly she went around the room remembering everyone's names in her head. There was an older gentleman, David Rossi, she remembered Emily saying that he made a mean lasagna. Sitting next to him was Morgan, Ivie had been told that he was very flirtatious but in a joking way, Penelope Garcia stood behind him the projector's controller in her hand. Around the other side of the table was JJ, she was probably the member of the team that Emily had told her the most about, and next to her was the infamous Dr Spencer Reid, fluffy hair and all.

"This is SSA Ivie Evans, a former member of the London Interpol office." Hotchner introduced her, as they both walked towards the round table, "She'll be joining the team."

The room was a little chaotic, the members of the team were all rushing around, shuffling between gruesome scenes on paper to collect anything they needed; all ceased for but a moment as Hotch made the announcement, each sending warm smiles in Ivie's direction, but then the chaos continued   .

"Congratulations." Reid said as he collected his paper file from Penelope.

"Thank you."

"So what's going on here? You and Emily having a job swap?" Derek offered

Actually, up until this point, Ivie hadn't realised that's what had happened here.

"At the moment it feels more like I'm doing an Emily cosplay since I'm currently staying in her old flat and now I have her old job. It's getting a tad creepy, if my accent changes someone let me know before I fully become her please."

Small chuckles rung around the room, she got some weird looks from using flat instead of apartment but hey, they were going to have to live with a couple of Britishisms if she was around.

"We can get started" Hotch drew all the attention to Penelope, and the relatively large screen on one side of the room.

"Yes, we can. Uh, the mad butcher of Bakersfield has left another torso in the desert. This brings the body count to three this month and still, none of them have been identified."

The images popping up on the screen are what solidified that Ivie was now a part of the team in her head. Towards the end of her time in the National Crime Agency a lot of her work was more focused on drug rings and crime circles, drug rings tended to not end so gruesomely, whereas crime circles could, but tended to be more focused on infiltration and surveillance.

"At this pace, he's going for a record."

Rossi's voice shook Ivie out of her nostalgic thoughts, looking down at the images thoughts began whirring in her brain. To her, it seemed like some sort of imagery, to tell a narrative.