X, 1.2

Sitting in the passenger seat of one of the FBI's massive SUVs, Ivie found herself fiddling with her hands

Sitting in the passenger seat of one of the FBI's massive SUVs, Ivie found herself fiddling with her hands. She knew a lot about Rossi, she learned a lot about all the members of the BAU, but mainly it was through the eyes of Emily or from a professional setting, for Rossi it was different

"I, uh read your books to prepare I guess? I'm a lot more used to laying low and playing the long game, not making such quick deductions, but reading your books and methods helped me feel more at ease to apply. I mean obviously, Emily also was a large help but you also... and sorry I'm rambling on slightly arent I"

A small chuckle came from the driver's seat, "Don't worry about it, you've met Reid he can go on for a lot longer, that kid. You must be a similar age, right? It's like they're subtly telling me to get back into retirement"

"Well I'm an 83' baby, so I think I'm three years younger than him if I remember everyone's birthdays correctly, I'm sure it's just a coincidence too. The team would be lost without you"

With a visible shock on his face, Rossi tried to divert the conversation

"God I still remember 83' anyways, you shut down a major crime ring in Japan didn't you?"

Feeling more at ease seeing his expression as well as the fact that seemingly he knew about her achievements as well, she was more than willing to share the intricacies of the case

"Technically it was in Seoul, South Korea. But it was a Japanese crime circle, just operating out of the country to circumvent some gambling laws. Unfortunately for them, it meant that they then fell into Interpol's hands"

Tapping his hands on the wheel in recollection Rossi abruptly spoke again

"Right! I remember Emily telling me about this, she said she'd sent her most competent agent to deal with it, yet that must have been a year or so before she talked about it being done?"

"Ahh yeah I was living there for quite a while, it was lucky that I'm fluent in both Japanese and Korean otherwise that year would have been hell on Earth"

It was almost as if a lightbulb went off in his head when Ivie said that, the SUV slowly turned down a dusty track

"You know, Reid likes to go to the Korean film festival in Georgetown, maybe you should offer to go with him the next time it's on. Oh look we're here"

Ivie did think it was a little weird how suddenly Rossi ended the conversation, but she wasn't going to mention it. Speaking of her mind, it had now been kicked into work mode at full throttle after seeing the large amounts of yellow police tape and people in cop uniforms. Hopping out of the SUV trying hard not to stumble the distance to the floor, she met up with Rossi around the front of the car.

"You ready for this kid?"

"I have been to a crime scene before you know? It wasn't all running around after drug lords, although now I think about it there really was a lot of that. Actually, that's the first thing me and Emily did together"