break my bones

​​​​​​​Y/n stared at the message Alex had sent. This was new, Avery lied? and snuck out to a frat party on October sixteenth? This opened new gaps and questions to the story. If Avery did sneak out to a frat party, what happened? His mind strayed to a rumor Alex had told him 'People were getting roofied and assaulted at the frat parties.' Y/n chewed on his bottom lip, 'Did Avery get roofied and perhaps kidnapped at the party she went to?' The boy gripped his head as he felt a headache shoot through his skull.

'I need to visit Avery if I want answers.' Y/n let out a sigh and glanced out the window. 'I should go see if I can pay her a visit tomorrow after school.' The boy skimmed his finger through his hair. A knock was heard on the front door. Y/n glared at the door. 'Are you kidding me? What now?' The boy stomped up to the front and opened the door.

There stood Elio and Ezra.

The door slammed back shut. 'Nope.' Y/n held the doorknob in a stern hold, another knock was heard. The h/c haired boy gritted his teeth, fighting the urge to tell them to go away. Another knock, this time it was harsher, The boy didn't know what to do, he didn't want to see them right now, especially not after they drugged him, He didn't have concrete proof, but he didn't need to; the absurdity of the situation was enough of a speculation.

Y/n decided to open the door a creak and peer out to the two boys, "What do you want?" He could sense something was off with them, the aura they radiated of nefarious intentions. But their offputting vibe contradicted the warm smile Ezra held on his lips, "Hey, Y/n, how are you?" If Y/n didn't know better, he would have fallen for it—that kind smile, the honeyed vocals. But he didn't fall for it, The smile Ezra wore was melting off the edges. Even Elio appeared to be tense.

'What's up with them?' Y/n moved his gaze to the ground "I'm fine." He flatly replied, trying to cover up the anxiety he felt in the presence of two of his childhood friends. "Could we come in?" Elio asked. The h/c haired frowned at the request and looked back into the house. "Well, I'm kind of alone at home right now and I don't feel that comfortable letting people in,"

don't feel comfortable letting you in.

"Wouldn't it be better if you had company, if that's the case?" Ezra countered, His smile straining off the sides.

Not if it's you.

"Um, not really. I just want to be alone for a while," Y/n mumbled, glancing up at the duo before him.

just go away.

"Well, if you really want to be alone, then we'll make it quick, we just want to talk with you. That isn't too much to ask for, right?" The ash blond softly explained as if regarding a child who just threw a hefty tantrum. Y/n hated how reasonable Ezra sounded. The boy scrutinized the words.

Y/n felt betrayed, they had drugged him, and he was sure of it. They had changed, for the worse. The extent of their downfall down a path Y/n didn't quite know the length of or understand. If they were willing to drug him, who knows what else they were capable of? What is their motive? Why did they move out to the middle of nowhere? Why do they act so unpredictably? Why do you get a foreboding gut feeling when you're alone with them?

Why are you scared of them?

Too many questions with too few answers, something was up with them. You could get close to them, and try to figure it out from the inside.

Y/n let out a deep exhale and opened the door up wider "Fine, come in" He gestured to the pair.

keep your friends close but your enemies closer.

Y/n took a few steps back as Ezra and Elio stepped into the threshold, the latter of the two closed the door behind him. The ash blond male stood before Y/n with a warm smile "Thanks for letting us in." Y/n folded his arms and stabilized his footing "So, what do you want?" He demanded. Ezra's smile turned into something more playful and he began circling the h/c haired male with a calculating gaze, Y/n tensed up at the predatory behavior, narrowing his eyes at the ash blond.