Hope to die

"Did they drug me?'

Y/n felt his breath hitch, and a painful lump formed in his throat at the possibility that his childhood best friends had gone out of their way to actively drug him. he started sniveling tears. 

'No, No! Not now!'

The boy gripped his hair to try and replace the overflowing emotions of melancholy with pain, but it only seemed to worsen his cause. As all his sorrow threatened to spill overboard, an idea blossomed in his mind, stopping him from falling into the pit of a panic attack.

"That cafe." Y/n dropped his hands and stared wide-eyed and bloodshot at the ground before him. 'If I can meet Alex again I can ask if there are cases of people getting drugged... If I know if it's a reappearing occurrence at parties or any other, easy-to-access drug places, perhaps i can find out if they really put something in my drink... Cause there is no way they are gonna give me an answer if I ask.' The boy took a deep inhale to calm himself.

Y/n peeled the bandages around his head, if he was going out he wanted to avoid unneeded attention. After taking off the bandages the boy looked around his space and saw his bag in the corner, he walked up to it and opened it, he saw the bag of (favorite snack), he clenched his fists, Y/n felt tempted to throw them away out of petty spitefulness.

His inner voice and stomach fought against the urge, he was really hungry, so the boy opened the bag and began chewing on the contents. he walked past the mirror, glanced into it, and nearly had a heart attack, behind him, sitting on his bed, was Rachel Garcia. or at least, he thought so, he had only seen photos of her on the news, when she was smiling, her eyes gleaming, looking into the camera. 

Now she just appeared dull, a sorrowful expression plastered on her face. Y/n turned around to gape at his bed, but no one was there, he stumbled back and began shaking. 'I'm hallucinating, I'm hallucinating, I'm hallucinating, it must be whatever they gave me.' 

The boy staggered to his school uniform and put it on before swiftly grabbing his bag and fleeing the room 'I need to get out of this house.' The boy almost flew down the stairs, temporarily forgetting about the second resident of the household. He put on his shoes and jogged out of the house to his desired destination.

.

.

.

Y/n reached the cafe and walked in, the sound of the bell sounded through the cafe, perking up the ears of the cashier, and she gave him a smile to which he returned the gesture. The male observed the space but couldn't see Alex anywhere. He really hoped the blond would show up today as well.

He ordered his drink and went to sit by the window the two had sat by the day before. Y/n took sips of his drink as he peered out the window. about ten minutes went by with no sign of Alex, But soon enough the bell of the store was heard and Y/n looked up to see the one he was waiting for. Alex.

The blond walked up to the cashier and ordered. He took his drink and turned around. He stopped in his tracks when he saw Y/n. The h/c haired waved to him. Alex walked up to him with a shocked look "Y/n, I didn't expect to see you here." He greeted and sat down opposite the h/c haired male. 

"Yeah, I needed fresh air."  Y/n admitted, "Couldn't sleep, huh?" Alex questioned, Y/n fidgled with his fingers breaking eye contact for a split second "Something like that..." The blond took a sip of his own drink and sent a downcast smile "I get that, I haven't been able to get the best sleep the past few months as well."  Y/n caught on to the indication and nodded in understanding.

"I actually wanted to ask you a few questions if you don't mind?" Y/n carefully asked, Alex nodded his head "I don't mind, ask away." he approved. Y/n cleared his throat as he thought over the questions he wanted answers to.